CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thinking of going to dumont this coming January.Is this a good time of the year to go weather wise? Or do you think glams would be better place to go? Im just looking for some good weather to ride in!! One more ? wich one has the biggest dunes. Thank!

Old 12-22-2001, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Both places should have good weather, but a little on the cool side.[not bad]

Dumont has taller and steaper dunes, and a good number of them.

Glamis has a larger area of dunes, but they are not as tall or steap.

Holiday weekend have a much larger crowd at Glamis, but a much less troublesome crowd at Dumont.

You won't go wrong going to either place.

Old 12-22-2001, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey sand45 i belive the imperial dunes are the largest not from exp
but thats what i have read in several articles.any ways i know the weather is better@the imperial dune up until the end of march to the middle of april it gets hot !!!! but the imperial dunes are and exp
and a adventure all in one the imperial dunes are made of three sections [glamis big dunes,massive people,comp hill'olds hill,all of the most famous sand gods hang there. but a little dirty]

[gordon wells,clean,large ,med ,small dunes, some famous racers,good crowd,half as- organized,dragging,jumping,hillclimbing,for hills they have patton hill,patton valley,comp hill]

[then theres butter cup large bowls,small bowls,hard sand,comp hill,clean camping,older crowd, massive amount of rest rooms]

this gives you a basic over view of glamis dune's[imperial dunes]but all three have pretty much all the same events on all three day weekends.drag racing @ aprox 3pm to 5 pm or night fall.go eat some dinner or catch a trip out to the dunes.then at around 9pm load your six pack and head to comp hill and either race or kick back enojoy your beverage and watch little white lights race up the hill all night.or till 2-3am any ways i hope the gives you a little of [GLAMIS]

ps:both glamis and gordon wells have restaurants. butter cup dose not.but bring lots of food because you will starve in line at either place.maybe some one can give you an oversight of dumont

Old 12-22-2001, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Did I hear my name???????????