CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to the article regarding
Childhood Luekemia in Fallon.

We could either donate to Fallon Families First or the American Cancer Society.

On the tentative schedule, I see the Poker Run & cleanup raffle prizes from 3:30-7:00PM. I will see how that works with FOSM (Friends of Sand Mountain). I thought you guys doing a BBQ that night? If so, I don't want any awkward transitions between a coordinated event and a DS650 only event. Does that make sense?

We also might want to look at some coordination as far a prizes go. I am fine with there being two sets of prizes (cleanup & Bombers), but we don't want to step on each other. Sometimes, it is good to slow down, take a deep breath, come up with a bit of organization, then move forward. I don't have a Bombardier though, just my two cents...

Jon

Old 03-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Jon,

My thought was to give you and your people control on how to run the poker run and how you want to do the raffle. That was something you had in mind already, so I thought I'd let you run with it. I hope those time frames work for you guys. As you can see, it should be a prety busy weekend already, so moveing one thing for us won't happen easily. As we line up donations of prizes, we will see if we can get some extra's for your event, but we will have our own prizes and awards on Sunday. My original thought was for the BBQ on Sat., but as I thought out the schedule, this worked out better for us. Does that help or hurt your plans? I'm sure we can work everything out to make this huge for both our groups.

I know that some of you have mentioned a kids event. I tryed to find a spot on the schedule that would work, but to be honest, I wasn't sure how many kids would be there to particapate, and couldn't find a spot in the schedule. Maybe Sunday during the drag racing? but how many parents want to particapate/race?

As far as a huge raffle, I think we may get over our heads with that one for this year. I know that many of us on the wegb are excited about this, but in reality, we don't know how many will show. If we only end up with 70-80 people, then it wouldn't be worth it to raffle a quad. If we get a few hundred[like I hope] this year, then next year we can look at something like that. Don't get me wrong folks, I'm all for kids, I love them, and I want to help the charity, but this is the first year that it willbe this big, and there are too many un knowns to make promises. We will be raising funds through race entries, t-shirts, etc..., but we will also have expences too. Any funds left over after all is said and done, I would love to give to charity. I don't want to make money on this event, but I'll be putting out alot[expecting several thousand], and don't want to go completely broke.

The feed back on the schedule seems good so far[Thanks everyone, I put ALOT of thought into it]. Unless I get some differing opinions, with good reason, befor Monday, I'm going to press on with the permit with that schedule. Minor changes can still happen after that, but the basics will remain.

Now is when I want to put the core group of organizers together. If you want to take a SIGNIFICANT role in the putting together of this event, e-mail me and tell me what area you would like to handle. This is just for the folks that want to take a large role, and they can recruite folks to do small items for them. I plan to handle media relations, bussiness coordinations/donations, permits, and race business. We need one person in charge of internet[I think we have that already, judgeing by the web site], but he can use help for pics, etc.. Someone to handle registrants for the event, make packets for the registant, collect entry fees, etc... that person will need help as well. There are several other areas, that I'm not thinking of also, so if your dedicated to puting in the time and effort, e-mail me at knutzconcepts@msn.com

Old 03-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Don,

Doing your BBQ on a different day is great. I just didn't want the Poker Run & cleanup prize part to end, and have your BBQ immediately following. It just seemed kind of awkward to transition.

I just emailed you with the contact at BLM in Carson City.

It would also be a good idea to coordinate some of the press releases. I can act as "point-man" for FOSM. Maybe all press can go through Don from your side. Then Don & I can talk before anything goes out. I just don't want it to look like you guys are organizing a cleanup and FOSM is organizing DS650 Days....

Jon

Old 03-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

The show at the start of the event sounds like a great opertunity to take pictures of the owners and their rides. I will bring my digital and take those pics and put a name with the face so that they can be put on a "post event" web page. This way we all have access to a face to go with the many posts. As for the post event web page, this is not my forte, in fact, fish out of water comes to mind here. I can arrange the pics with captions and provide them to anyone who wants to put them on their web site. Blachhawk you interested?

Old 03-01-2002, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a good event!If you guys let any other brands into the races, let me know I might drag out a couple of the old thumpers!Lyle

Old 03-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lyle, Your welcome to come up, but I'm pretty sure the organized racing is going to be a DS only event. We will have rules for classes, and hopefully some healthy prizes, so I'm not prepaired to police all brands of bike. But keep in mind, nothing is scheduled for night time, so there will be plenty of time to do what you want then. Maybe we can run other brands in the "grudge" time frame but it realy depends on how many entries we get.

Old 03-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey 14min, consider yourself my official guest, do you plan on takeing your wife? mine plans on being their( for now anyway). So if your serious then PM me and lets get A plan down.

P.S. are Hurycne,Roostin and Buttfungus planing on going?

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

East Coast guys, I was born and raised in RI. I will be there sometime this summer for my 20 year class reunion. Does that make me old?
Guys I would like to commit to helpping out in a big way, but as I explained to Don this morning, I've gotten my self into trouble with the IRS. I'm not sure if I will even own my DS for very much longer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

<< Vegas,

Class of '82 rules!

Marky
>>

Guess I'm not the only old guy around here. My wife thinks I need to retire.

Old 03-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Class of 82!!!!!! I was 4 years old!! HAHA

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend