CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get some really nice stickers made up to say something like:

DS Days 2002

Or somthing to that effect in different fonts, colors, styles, and layouts. Let me know!!

Old 03-01-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I contacted BLM just to let them know what you guys were thinking about. They said another ATV group might be doing something that same weekend too, and they would most likely only accomodate one group. She said to contact her ASAP. I have forwarded the contact info to Don.

Jon

Old 03-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Don,
Let me know what you find out!I hope this doesn't mess things up.
Marky,Vegas650,
I have a 20 year reunion too this year,gads I am getting old too!
Jeff

Old 03-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

Hmmm...that would suck!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Class of 82...boy I feel old..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I say if for some reason the blm says no, then maybe we could move it to Little Sahara Utah, I would bet that is closer for alot of people and probably a little further for some.

Anyway, that is just a thought.

Bat

Old 03-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

I cant beleive this. She did say might be right? We have to beet them to it. Or else find out who it is and they can join in. I just about threw up when I read that. But like bat says there are other options and maybe we should consider coming up with a back up just in case. I think we should find like 3 options and then if someone knows how put it to an internet vote. I want to keep it at Sand Mtn if all is ok but just in case. But really I dont think we should go any farther west. That just isn't fair.

I would like to see anyone who wants to come, come. Including those who dont own a DS. Because it is a DS event I am sure that alot of the events will be strictly DS but that doesnt meen that there wont be plenty to do for others. For instance, with the Drags and Hill shoots being back to back and most of the day, I am sure that there will be plenty of oportunity for others to race and such, like the grudge thing they were talking about. I just couldn't live with myself to keep something from happening, just imagine.....Jeff VS Sparks....Excuse me while I wipe the Drool off of the desk...

Another thing that I say that I really want to see happen is some kind of kid event. Being that this is now going to be a charity event for Children, it just wouldn't be right to not have an event or two for kids. Even if there are only 8 or 10 ya never know there could be 50. Being a father this event has taken on a whole new meaning. Before I was stoked but now I am stoked and feel like a purpose is there and so the mission begins.

Was there some kind of quad gathering there last year? I am hoping that they caught wind and she is talking about us. I know that there is only so much room but I hope that we are the bigger crowd and they give it to us. Just wouldnt seem right if they are only going to gather and we are workin with FOSM to improve the site along with going to make a good dontion to a local charity. PLEASE QUAD GODS!!!! PLEASE

Old 03-02-2002, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Let me try to clear something up. This is not meant to be a charity event, it's not meant to be a money making event of any type. The poker run will make some money, and that will go to the charity of FOSM's choice. Any other moneys collected will be to deffer the costs of puting on the event. If there is any money left over after the expences are covered, it will go to charity, but the goal is to not charge a bunch of money in the first place.

I have no problem with a kids event, but were in the schedule would it fit, and what would it be? Is it fair to cut something else out, when we know there will be fewer children riders than adults? I have thought about a kids version of the handling corse[from Sat. schedule] run at the same time as the grown up version. I'm sure we can come up with a few extra prizes for that. Does anyone mind the two events at once? It will make it harder for parents that want to particapate as well, but I don't see much of another way.

Old 03-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Knutz you could do the kids race or ride 1hr before the main events in the morning?

Old 03-02-2002, 05:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Post #140!

This is certainly becoming one large thread, bummer to anyone who hasn't been reading from day 1.

OrganDonor: what happens to Broncos on the east coast to cause them to be unable to cross the country? My folks who moved to AZ drove their 94 Bronco there and back about 20-40 times before actually moving there, it made the trip no problem time and time again.

As far as handling the Internet stuff, I'll be willing to deal with that even after the event. I figure JSsDS will have his digital camera, as well as mine (I've got over 1100 digital images worth of memory) we'll have more good DS Days event pictures than we'll know what to do with. Once the event is over, I think I'll move the DS Days site around a little bit, turning the focus from what the event plans were, and focusing on the pictures and videos we'll have online. That way anyone in attendance can go home, jump online and check out an untold number of event pictures (I do have a limited amount of web space without buying more on a monthly basis.)

Does anyone that is already planning to attend have a Digital Video Camera, or some other decent quality method of video capture? I don't currently have my VCR hooked up to my PC but if the need arose I could change that.

Vegas650, Don't let the IRS get you! If you had to sell the Sand Pig, sell it to someone who'll sell it back to you in 20 days, since we all know you wont be able to live without it. Imagine going through the withdrawals! You’d look worse than a crack addict coming down.

OrganDonor, I think the idea of making some DS Days stickers is good, if you decide to sport the cost of it, I can certainly add You/your Company to the list of sponsors for the kindness. That goes to anyone else as well, but you do have to supply something other than just you showing up. (We know everyone is special.)

As far as the BLM goes, I have a feeling we'll not have problems. Even if they didn't give their blessing, there is nothing stopping a large group of friends meeting in the desert, is there? What are they going to do, tell us all to leave?

As far as the kids 'event' etc, I think having them run early might be a good idea. I notice whenever I go out riding and camp overnight, it's always the kids that get up at the crack of dawn and can't wait to go riding. They ride all morning, and by noon they are tired and sleep or rest till afternoon. Even if we don't setup an actual 'event' for the kids, we'll still setup some sort of kids riding area that they can tire themselves out in.

Also, the sign up sheet is in the works, but currently there are a couple of minor technical problems that should be resolved shortly. Until then, if people that are planning events can let me know what information is important I can shape the sign up sheet around those things to make it easier to plan the events.

Old 03-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

It's a good running truck. I just never drove that far before with my trailer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I just hope the trip dosen't kill my little 302!!

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend