CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BAD, BAD, BAD, NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I think about it the grinding was coming from the chain area, maybe it was just the chain flapping due to the motor shutting down.?

Old 03-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Like AZSAND says I fill my bottle every night down at the dunes when I run the hill. I haven't had one problem with mine,now that I have the blanket it's even better.I've had mine for 1 1/2 years now and still going.As long as you have a fuel pressure switch and things are set up they work great.I change between the 25hp and 15hp depending on the weekend.Hope things work out for you, and you get it up and going soon.

Old 03-11-2002, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

well my fears are confirmed, "locked tight". I tried to spin the motor by hand and it is stuck to the point of twisting my "T" handles (good thing there craftsman) pull the plugs and it should turn right?
One small shot of the juice and BOOM can you belive it?! something's funny here and its not the install![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer

wow....really sorry to hear that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] i have a nos kit on mine and i run 20n and 22f jets. i've made 8 runs with it so far from 3rd gear to 5th. what a rush[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and no problems at all. so i dont think it was the nos. it just doesnt sound right? it shouldnt have hurt your motor like that. cant wait till you tare it apart and let us know what you find. sorry again....dont give up..make it faster this time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2002, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is the fuel pump body electricaly isolated from the chassis ground?

You might be able to replace the piston, hone the cylinder and be on your way again.

I have a low compression piston if you need one.

Turning the crank by hand is not easy and at certain degrees will not turn by hand (?)

I run an EGT gauge and a air/fuel monitor so I know immediately if I'm lean.

Old 03-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Well I pulled my drain plug and found some chunks of metal. What a surprise!

Scooby, what do you mean by: Is the fuel pump body electricaly isolated from the chassis ground? Are you asking if the fuel pump is touching the frame? If you are, then no it is not.
Thank you for offering the piston, but I still want good power when the juice is off that's why I went with a high comp.

Old 03-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

I hope it just in need of a piston and hone job. You make me weary about using mine now, but I still will.

Old 03-12-2002, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

If you hone your cylinder, won't you eat away some of the nikasil coating and therefore have a larger piston to cylinder clearance and the chance for more blow by and less compression. Just a thought. I don't think I would hone the cylinder. Maybe send it to a shop that does the nikasil and have them re-nikasil and then fit it to a new piston.

Or I like your idea of a 760.

Oh, and sorry to see that happen.

Bat

Old 03-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Before I pull the head and jug. I'd like to say I have a feeling that AZsand is right. When I started the set-up I was very picky about how everything went together. Also when I went to test it that fateful day, I ran at WOT with the nitrous bottle closed to make sure the solenoids were working. The over richness shut down my bike, so I know they were working ok. Everything was working well till the extra pressure of the n2o kicked in. I think I had a time bomb and that was the end of the count down!
I will know for sure this weekend. If anyone wants some pics of the turn out e-mail me atMullenaxIV@aol.com
Thanks
OrganDonor

Old 03-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Time bomb? Do you think that it would have happened if you did not run the NOS?

Quick Reply: BAD, BAD, BAD, NEWS