CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN FROM COLORADO SPRINGS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 03:38 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snomobilechick,

Sorry for your loss, But I could almost garuntee that those Contractors had something to do with it. Maybe they didnt actually steal it but they could have probley told a friend that it sat out over night or something. Here is why I think this. The Exact same thing happend to my neghbor down the street. He was doing some exterior remodeling. And he had Construction people around his house that were working on the remodeling. And he had an older Honda XR 350 that he left on his back porch. Well about a week after he had started the remodeling and had the Construction workers around his house his Dirt bike was stolen. See its the same case senario. Im not sure if thier is anything in your power you could do about that but I would be willing to bet that those Contracting people had something to do with it. You see cause we live in a peaceful neighborhood. Nobody has ever had anything stolen before. And then his dirtbike gets stolen during a remodeling.

Old 03-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have one for you,Thanksgiving Day as I got up to go to the dunes my enclosed trailer was broken into.The trailer was sitting in front on my driveway,they cut the lock off.They took my ds,raptor,3 cr250's,needless to say we had a bad Thanksgiving.But from that point on I put the word out to everybody that would listen in town.Soon I started to get phone calls from people that knew a friend of mine and they knew where my ds was.They were trying to sell it for 1000.00.So I agreed to meet them and they described the bike and I told them it was mine and to give it back. They said take a hike,well a friend of mine pulled a gun out and said i don't think so.The guy was really nice at that point and took us to the bike.Well to make a long story short this happened on all the other bikes except the raptor,i still can't find it.SoI did get back 4 of the 5 bikes.My advice is to put the word out all over the place it does work.By the way the 3 cr250's I found were in the garage of the chief of police son's house.Sorry for the long story!!!!

Old 03-21-2002, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am glad that the ATV community is so supportive. We have been snowmobilers for ever, the snow sucked this year so my husband traded his thundercat for the ds... now he doesn't have anything. I guess sleds are harder to steal because we have never had a problem like this. We are putting flyers up around Falcon, and we have put an ad in the Gazzett and we are discussing this issue with our contractors. It just really sucks because I was going to get my Blaster this week. But now we are very leary, there isn't anything you can do to keep people from taking your stuff - loosers!

Old 03-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

I am a regular at the races so i will keep my eyes open and if i see one i will talk to the people and see if anything is fishy. im sorry to hear that though. was there any modifications to it or was it stock. i thought people in colorado were decent too.
-Jacob-

Old 03-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

It was probably a californian who stole it...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A little Colorado humor there

Old 03-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

So far no news on the location of the ds - if everyone could keep there eyes open this weekend that would be great! Any ideas of where they may take it to ride it? We were thinking Aztec raceway - but then we found out that they don't allow quads! As for mods on it, my husband just put on the k&n filter. It does have stickers all over it, but those are easily removed. The rear tires are pretty bald. If anyone has any info, or sees it call 351-7727 asap! Thanks for all your support!

Old 03-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just to keep everyone posted - the DS has been recovered! It was found in Elicot along with a lot of other stolen bikes and quads. It looks like they painted it and that didn't work, so they removed all the plastic off of it. The sheriff's department was part of the recovery and they asked us to get an estimate for the repairs. The good news is that the bad guys are busted and hopefully everyone will get there stuff back!

Thanks for your support!

Old 03-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

That's awesome! Your lucky, I never got 2 of my quads back.

So who done it? Just curious.

Old 03-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

It was probably a californian who stole it...
It probably was, there's a lot of them out here (including me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])
the DS has been recovered!
The good news is that the bad guys are busted and hopefully everyone will get there stuff back!
That's Fantastic!

Old 03-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Happy days!!! Now you can get your blaster and continue with your summer.

Quick Reply: STOLEN FROM COLORADO SPRINGS