CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Team PAMI 85 HP Kit for DS650

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2000, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team PAMI out of Germany has stage 1-5 kits for the BMW F650. The kits are basically compatible with the DS650, except for the dual carbs(they don't fit the frame) and the clutch springs are not needed. Stage one produces 58 HP(for the F650) and stage five produces 85 HP(for the F650). None of the kits include an exhaust. With an exhaust, 85+ HP(for the F650) is possible. Team PAMI MIGHT be a cheaper solution than Ron Woods, although Ron Woods is in the US and is more easily contacted and communicated with. Ron Woods actually referred me to Team PAMI for the 700cc stroker kit. Ron Woods pricing for for the internal motor mods leaves a lot to be desired to say the least. I will go with the Ron Woods pipe, carb, ignition, etc, but the piston, cam, valve springs, etc. package from Ron Woods is too expensive, so Team PAMI might be an alternative.

See http://www.team-pami.de/ENGLISCH/Default.htm

The "about ourselves" link mentions the DS650.

The "Products" link we get you to the F650 kit info.

Old 02-24-2000, 06:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I correct, ScoobyDFW, inferring from your post, you already OWN a DS650 and intend immediately upgrading it to Stage 5 (85 horsepower)?

Everyone's free to buy from whomever he chooses, but why knock Ron Woods' pricing, especially after he put you onto an alternate supplier?

You may not be comparing apples with apples anyway. I don't know either Ron Woods or "Team Pami;" however, without experience dealing with identical products and services from the two sources, "dissing" one appears presumptive and premature, as a minimum.

Tree Farmer

Old 02-24-2000, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

These are interesting times we live in indeed, Never have we had access to so much information. But yet, Still can't render a confident conclusion as of what to do.

as for USA Vs Europe, Hmmmmm.....Taken all into account exchange rates/knowledge/ease of communication/product support. Yada-Yada-Yada. I have no idea what to suggest to you. The manuals haven't even be printed for what you want to do. If you want to take the first known step, Then don't be afraid to fail.

As for pumping that puppy up to 85-hp. You better ask yourself if that thing is gonna be able to stop as fast as it takes off. Or that puppy is gonna be a 475-lb "tree ornament". Braided brake lines, Duel piston calipers, Yada Yada Yada must also accompany the power incress in equality. And on your priori-ti list.

Power to weight divided by "real breaks" equals stay-alive, And in one piece.

Old 02-27-2000, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Tree Farmer: It turns out that there was some miss communication from Ron Woods about the stages & pricing. I just received their latest info on the kits. They previously gave me stage 3 pricing for the stage 2 kit (a $1600 difference!). Now the pricing is more reasonable.

Old 04-04-2000, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am going to be getting some more detailed info from Team PAMI on their 700cc stroker kits.

They use 12:1 pistons, so I'm wondering if 94 octane is good enough. If not, can I use a blend of race gas & street gas? What percentage?

I might see if they can put together a "custom" package for me that includes just the items I want.

I'd also like to know if there is a contact in the US or a race team in the US that deals with Team PAMI.

How much will it run me to have a shop install a new cylinder, piston, valves, cam, etc? Debating if I could do the work myself, with the right tools.