CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which is the Best exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like my Yoshimura slip-on, it released all kinds of low end power and I suddenly noticed the rev limiter. I've had it a year or so with no problems what-so-ever. Looks as good today as it did a year ago. If I had a complaint, its that it is too close to the mounting tab for the whip and i've scratched it a little while removing and installing the whip. If Yosh comes out with a full system that will fit the pipe i have, I will buy it just because the stock header pipe looks rusty flaky & crappy.

Old 03-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

WHAT?????? The Alba pipe sounds like a MUSTANG? Realy? Well it looks like im buying an Alba pipe... Muhahaahahaha. I hope it sounds like my Mustang.

Old 03-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

I heard that the alba pipe and the ct pipe are the same.can anyone confirm this?

Old 03-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer

The Alba and the CT pipe to look verry similer. I don't know it thay are the same or not.

Old 03-24-2002, 06:18 AM
Trailblazer

The CT and Alba pipes are not the same. They are both ugly, but I think the Alba is uglier than the CT, but it's close. Oh well, I bought my Alba used for $150 and the guy had just got new head pipes from Alba because the ceramic flaked off the old ones. He never even installed the new ones. Good for me, but not enough disks from what I'm hearing.

Old 03-24-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

As 3TV said, they are all about the same. Go for a slip-on, and put the dough you save toward a CDI, because that is what will give you the top end on the DS. There is 500 more rpm up there for the taking. That stock CDI cuts out bad at 7500rpm. Very noticable once you do anything to the motor, especially any pipe. The Baja CDI is only half way there. (Just like the Baja front end geometry is only half way there too).
....If you want to spank the Raptor, use a clamp-on K&N, or take the lid off, CDI from Pami, and any pipe, even a slip-on or modded end-cap. Jet accordingly. Knutz says this is good for 48 hp.
....I like my HMF Quiet core slip-on but I had to mod the quiet core to get it to work right, it was too restrictive. It felt like a stock pipe till I put my own core in it. I learned a lot modding end caps. I've had a FMF, HMF slip-on, HMF Quiet Core, several modded end caps, all on my DS. The modded end cap worked as well as anything, and was quieter. But the lighter weight and fit and finish of both the FMF and HMF slip ons is cool.
.....The improved performance for all of them is in the low to mid range. With a CDI you will add top end as well. I have a tach now, (I love it) and it pulls solid from 2,500 to 8,000rpm. It will go over 8,000, but losing power as it does. Shifting at 8,000 is about right.
.....What's a Baja got that I ain't got? I'd like to say "Nuttin", but it still has re-inforced rims, handguards, and extra lights, that I ain't got. But I have real TimmyBoy upper A-arms, Works shocks w/rezzies, XCT tires, Armadillo out'n back rack for R&R (Range and Refreshments), 14 tooth countershaft sprocket, Double fans, (pusher in front). Next? I think a 42mm Flatslide Mikuni TM with accelerator pump......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

3TV, You are deffinatly right, the RWR pipe is loud as hell but ya know what? I love it loud!!! hehehehe, I went for a ride out to our dunes here on saturday and met up with WYODUNER from on here and a few of his buddies. All very nice guys. After racing WYODUNER and his shee he made the comment that mine was so loud he couldn't here his to know when to shift. I will take any advantage I can get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] One thing about the pipe fading is that it does but it still looks so much better than that stock POS that I wouldn't think twice about doing it again. Plus the weight savings even though the pipe is big is alot too. Now you have me thinking about getting the disks on it. Do they sound as mean as the regular end? I prolly should get one anyway because of the drought we are facing, I am sure that they are going to be requireing them anyway. By the way you didn't get to meet Bat? Did he not go down?

Old 03-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

3tv and demon, I was there. I got down there on friday about noon or so and we ended up leaving about noon on saturday. The wind was bad.

It was reminiscent of dumont pres weekend.

Anyway, sorry I did not get to meet you 3tv. My allergies or something sinus related have been acting up since thursday and the wind and sand did not seem to help it.

I pretty much just got fed up on saturday and said to hell with it and left. I had a good time on friday and enjoyed the trip, but was glad to get to my buddies house and take a nice shower.

Maybe next time
Bat

Old 03-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, as luck would have it, I went riding this weekend and got a little more crazy than I usually do, started taking a little more air than I usually do, and now my RWR pipe is getting dented by the swingarm.
The swingarm is hitting the underside of the last curve in the megaphone, and when it hits it causes the mid pipe to move in and out of the headpipe collars. This is wearing on the metal now, 'cause it has already worn through the ceramic where it slips in the collars, and it is now leaking because of this, and will soon be rusting.

When my RWR pipe totally goes to crap (won't be long) I'm going to fit my RWR supertrap disk end cap to my stock muffler, go back to the stock stainless haedpipe with stock muffler & supertrap disks instead of the stock baffled end cap. Might even get that Baja DS aluminum muffler sheild to set off the looks! I may have to drop down a jet due to losing the flow of the RWR headpipe, but such is life - Like DS650Stage1 once said - nobody is making the perfect pipe - yet.