CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a-arms???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a new set of a's and was torn between the American Star's or the Timmy Boy's, I will probably get a full set. Which is better for the money based on strength and adjustability.

Old 03-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

The Timmy Boy uppers fix everything. They are wonderful. Chrome Moly, TiG welded Works of Art, totally adjustable. They are only $300 bucks. That leaves some dough for shocks, Works triple rates with rezzies are about $500.
DS650StageI says the American Star A-arms, that's the full set, leverage the stock shocks so they work pretty well, so you don't need aftermarket shocks. He's the guy that just built the 110ft triple jump. He jumps REAL BIG!!
I guess till we ride each other's side by side we won't know which actually works better, but we both know that what we got works, for us.
I ride rough trails, mountain roads, and need really good shocks. I don't need the extra wheelbase or width. He flys around on a fast track with big berms and big jumps, but it is relatively smooth with only large features.
If you're a flattrack kind of guy I think you might want to go for the full Monty. I haven't seen the American Star, but TimmyBoy is a class outfit that makes very high quality stuff.

Old 03-26-2002, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

The American Star arms are fully adjustable, at all mounting point, allowing you to set your geometry any way you want to. I believe the Timmy Boy arms are not adjustable at the frame on the lower arms.

The American Star arms also offer a lifetime warranty, that no other arm does. I was instructed by the owner of American Star, that if any of my customers ever drop their quad off of a cliff, all they have to do is sort though the wreckage and send back the remains of the arms, for new ones. I've yet to ever have to replace a customers arm, but I have sent out a heim that got bent while blowing up a $1000 set of Elka shocks. That customer chose to purchase upgraded hiems later, just to ensure that they never bend again. I'd have to say, that speaks pretty well for the strength of the arms.

Old 03-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

Hey Fourlix you said side by side. Does that mean next to me over the 110 ft triple? lol
And knutz I need your E mail please, my site is down and I'll have a new addy for it and my e mail soon.
And flattrack650 its sounds like you want fully adjustable arms by looking at your name, get american star arms from knutz. We torcher test them every weekend and I must say they're the best mod I've put on my ride and Bailey says the same about his.

Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Knutz it sounds American Star's are the way to go. Can you give me an idea on cost of a full set w/ shipping to Gillette. 82716

Old 03-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Jim, you give me a heart attack just thinking about it! I don't have the cajones for that kind of stuff..Skyler broke his arm after a nosedive on his raptor after it's parking brake rev limiter kicked in just as he hit a second gear jump. I saw the whole thing. He's got a camoflauged cast.
I'm too old to bounce, I'd just squish. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2002, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

The price on them is $645, shipping is free.

Knutzconcepts@msn.com