CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Jeffnrivercity WINS TT250

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WoooHooo...what a ride. We all had a GREAT time...NO problems with the Baja...that thing took a beating all day long and never stopped running. Passed a LOT of broken Raptor's hehe...Special thanks to our crew guys who where always there and ready with gas...Aaron & Cliff. SPECIAL thanks to Garrahan Electric, Anytime Power Sports, Alba, Diamond G Racing ( Those things are ROCK proof ), NorCal Metal Specialties, Prism Grafix, and Knutz concepts for your help. Thank You Jeff & Nick for a great time...BRING on the Nevada 1000....

P.S. Hey Jeff...What color is that bumper on the TRUGGY ???? hehehe...

Old 04-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Congradulations you guys on a great race. It sounds like you did everyone proud. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I want to hear some details. It looked there were a few Bombs that came in ahead of ya but maybe they were in a different class. The thing that just impresses me though is how this was a last minute decision and you didn't really have much time for research and developement and still had NO breakdowns. That gives yet another example of the bombs reliability. How did the aftermarket componenets perform? Is there any that would highly recommend and maybe some you may pass on next time? I just want more!!! I was very curious all weekend as to how the team did. Again VERY COOL guys and congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congratulations, good job guys ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

thats awesome, is there a website where we can see pics and the results or anything?

Old 04-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Congraulations Jeff and all the folks helping, 250 miles thru the desert at race speed...if I did that I don't think I'de make it to work on Monday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,what an awesome event!!
Thanks to everyone that helped out,Anytimepowersports,Ken with Prizm Graphics,Cliff with Nor-Cal Metals,Nick,Aron,Don with Knutz racing,Jack with BFG,Diamond G and some others I cant think of right now
We entered the amateur class,being it was our first race......Wow! we won that class easy,I see in the standings they bumped us up to expert already..........Hehehe what fun!
So as it stands we took 1st in amateur 5th in expert and 11th overall in just quads.I felt we did pretty good for our first trip out,we started dead last in the motorcycles & quads.
We recieved trophys,prizes(clark tank,IMS tank, plus some other contingency prizes,not sure what yet)
On another note my worst fear came true.........Troy Herbst came up on me (in his Truggy)and almost ran me over(I guess I was holding him up)he passed me in a river bed doing mach 1 the rocks he threw back at me just about knocked me off the DS,took out a light,and a front brake line! I had to finish the last 15 miles with out front brakes,who uses the brakes anyway!
I talked to Troy afterwards(to tell him sorry for getting in his way),said he was 12" off my rear grab bar.....Yikes!!! He was totally cool,and hoped I would do the race again.

Biggy,The shocks worked great!But had them set a little on the soft side,bottomed out quite a bit.

man am I sore!
Jeff

Old 04-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

JEFF, good job, I guess that picture I made wasn't that far off from what happened.Glad you guys are still in one piece![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff is next add on a rear view mirror to look out for Truggys

Old 04-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys,

3TV,
The DS took quite a bit of abuse on the bottom side!Probably because the suspension was a little on soft side,so spending more time on suspension tweaking is key.Also the steering dampener was a must.
I would replace the PRM belly skid with a thicker one(to thin),the PRM rear skid was beat to hell but was plenty strong,Reroute the front brake lines,so as when hit with rocks they would not come loose.The Timmyboy brake lines coming off the lever hit the ign. switch 3 times and killed the motor(reroute and ty down)And maybe a twist throttle.
I am sure I will find other things to address,as I dig into the Baja for other unseen damage.
BLACKDS,your pic was right on,but the the Truggy was closer!A rear view mirror would have been nice!!I felt like I was riding for my life the last 20 miles,Those trucks and buggys scared the crap out of me!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Jeff

Quick Reply: Jeffnrivercity WINS TT250