CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ATV Connection's DS650 Pipe shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I thought this might be a good idea to see what people like what pipes. It will be informitave to all (if it works)

Ok, there will be two categories, 1) full systems, and 2) slip-ons.

They will be rated on sound, appearance, ease of installation, reliability, price, and of course power. Please state all other information, both good and bad, and If you'd like, reviews on all products, not just pipes. Oh yeah, and post your overall opinion of the product, like if you had to do it again, would you?

Ok, here's how a replied post should look.

Graydon Proline Slip-on (example)
Sound)- Great, Not to loud
Price)- $189.00

etc. etc. you get the point. Oh yeah, and one question. Does the graydon proline offer tuneable endcaps, or a quiet core? Thanks, and Please remember thet these are opinions, not facts
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 3TV, You mind doing a Review on those Graydon Nerfs you got? I'd like to see what you think of them.

Old 04-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

1 to 5 stars...........(4) stars Graydon Proline full exhaust system........... (price) $400-a little pricy........... (power)great.......... (Instalation)good....they furnish the jets... no insructions........ (looks)great..different colors..I have red... (Sound)deep growl....borderline loud behind the quad under power but sounds great to me.....he,he........ My only gripe about the pipe is the small leak at the head pipe.But I never notice it. Yes, you can get the Supertrap disk system from Graydon,that bolts right to the Graydon pipe,but it cuts alot of power and its ($69).But it does make it quiet.

Old 04-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Adam- Fabricate a end cap! They do as well as a full system.

Big gun is so LOUD! Rooster's is so head hurting loud. (glad he is always behind me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

BiggerIsbetter has the hot set-up for end caps. To bad he quit making them. ( I saw one in the bed of his truck at L.S.) pm him! Buttfungus might have a extra. Pm him.

Adam- get it put together and come ride with us. You have to have thick skin though, cause raptors rule the drag strip at my house.

Old 04-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hello? Will anybody participate in my shootout?

Old 04-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, ---What 3TV said. ----actually if you have a stage one kit or similar, it gives OK power. But you can get a supertrap setup for it to quiet it down.

Old 04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

HMF slip-on with Quiet-core and spark arrestor.
It worked so well on our Raptor, I got one for the DS.
But it was too restrictive, felt like the stock exhaust, so I modded the quiet core, increased its' length and used lots of slots instead of holes. I got it to work as well as my modded end cap, it's a lot lighter, better looking and fit and finish are excellent. No swingarm clearance problems, and I do jump it. It's also cheap. $189 + 30 for the quiet core. I told HMF it was too restrictive for the DS, maybe they've opened it up a bit since then. It is louder than stock for sure, but way less than any slip-on. I can pull the quiet core out in a minute, and modding it is easy 'cause none of it is visible from the outside. Modding the DS end cap is pretty ugly, 'cause you have to cut and weld the twin pipes for a single. Unless you can weld stainless, you burn out the chrome and, well, it just gets ugly.

Old 04-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Alba full system fits great looks great not a problem in two years good bottom and mid-range power increase.

DSWOLF

Old 04-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

White Brothers E-Series (Slip-On)
Sound:
Not bad, loud enough to hear it and it sounds good, but it does not kill your ear drums. It is quieter than the White Brothers Mega Alloy on my Mojave using 6 discs.

Price:
I think it was right around $300 including shipping and tax.

Appearance:
Excellent. I don't think you can find a pipe that holds it's appearance as well. Other than dust, it looks exactly like when I installed it.

Reliability:
I rely on this pipe to funnel air out of my engine, so far it has not let me down. It also has not rusted or shown any miscoloration.

Installation:
I have a feeling it installed as easy as a pipe can be installed for the DS650, it took me between 30-60 minutes I'd guess. Nothing difficult at all.

Power:
Seat-of-the pants impression: it feels a lot better. As expected with exhaust, more bottom end and some mid, nothing noticable on top. However, I cannot compare it to, ANY other pipe, as I have not rode with ANY other DS650 riders. It does definitely add power over stack, is louder, and appears to be an all around good pipe with not leaks or problems.

I would buy it a second time, but right now I am curious to know if the Yoshi pipe performs as well as some have speculated, though I have my doubts.

Adam, does that help your survey? Sorry I lagged at posting, it's been a very busy week!

Old 04-22-2002, 02:22 AM
Range Rover

I have one of (BiggerisBetter's) End caps that I am getting rid of. Some kid on a Blaster ran into my DS and mangled my Muffler. The modified end cap managed to come out un touched. I am selling the Modified end cap(it has a 2 1/4 in opening and comes with a pre-cut gasket). I will also sell The stock end cap, And the inner core of the stock muffler if any one wants them. I am buying an HMF slip-on now so I wont need any of that stuff.

But as far as performance the modified end cap makes good low end and mid range power. Its a little loud but not terrible. And it sounds good a deep powerful sound.

Any one interested in my Modified End cap or stock end cap or inner core of the stock muffler just write me a Private Message or E-mail me at power302@aol.com.

Quick Reply: ATV Connection's DS650 Pipe shootout!!