CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

little sahara last weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BiggerIsbetter- thanks for clairifing that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. So the finish line was not at the top of the HILL. lol

Old 04-19-2002, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

I was there, but I got there sunday afternoon. Alot of people were going home while we were showing up, so I missed out on the races, but still had a good time. I'll have to remember the ribbon next time, so I can meet some of you guys. However, I have yet to see anyone as "lightweight" as me on a DS, so ribbon or no ribbon, I should be easy to recognize. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

it is not hard to trail ride. it doesn't change anything. you have to get gas(alcohol) a little sooner than nomal. it gives it alot of power.

Old 04-19-2002, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

14, I know I was the fastest quad their running a "Modified Endcap"LOL!

DSmike, What have you done to your motor? And what carb are you running? and Does it run on gas also?

Biggerisbetter.

Old 04-19-2002, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

i have the stage 1 kit with the stage 3 cams. it is the stage 1 carb(tm 45mm mikuni). my friend the girl on the ds has the stage 3 kit and we run close. i beat her alot that weeken. we have more knowlegde on drag racing than she does. i think if we had the stage 3 on alky it would kill our bike. i will be taking it to atoka this weekend and i will be able to tell you what it runs in 300 feet sand drags. the carb can be turn back to gas by putting the gas jets back but once you run alky you will never want to go back.

Old 04-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool! I will be interested in your times.

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. Everyone put your Damn Ribbons ON!!!

Old 04-19-2002, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Hey biggerisbetter,
We got there late. Not only was Saturday a mad house, but we blew a clutch in the truck a half hour outside of Louisville on our way down. Luckily we were not far from home. We called the wife and swapped out the van and all of our gear. By the time we got there it was Saturday afternoon. We stayed until Wed. early morning. It was pretty nasty. Rained almost entire time. Tues was great weather. But Saturday night our tent blew over in the storm and soaked all of our gear. We ended up in the van while our gear and tent was sitting in a mud hole. There were just to many people there. We will probably be going back in the fall around October, and definatley next year. The 15 hour trip was worth riding for one day though on Tues. I just wanted to let you know what happened though so you didn't feel as if we were blowing you off. It was deffinately an interesting experience, but next year I don't know if we will hit that weekend. There was alot to watch, but just to many people, too crowded, too many people in line for an hour or so just to use the bathroom or facilities. For those of you that didn't attend Snake Hunt, there were literally thousands of people packed like Sardines in a small camp ground for several days. All in all it was still a good time and even more important a break from work. -Later!

Old 04-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

<< i have the stage 1 kit with the stage 3 cams. it is the stage 1 carb(tm 45mm mikuni). my friend the girl on the ds has the stage 3 kit and we run close. i beat her alot that weeken. we have more knowlegde on drag racing than she does. i think if we had the stage 3 on alky it would kill our bike. i will be taking it to atoka this weekend and i will be able to tell you what it runs in 300 feet sand drags. the carb can be turn back to gas by putting the gas jets back but once you run alky you will never want to go back. >>

Hey DSMike

I don't know if I missed it ,but who did you have convert your 45mm to alcohol? I run it on my quadracer but haven't heard of any body local changing from gas to alcohol on their DS. I am now running NOS on my DS , but I'm alway looking for somthing new.

Thanks

Old 04-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

with a 4 stroke you don't have to put a power jet in the carb so it is easy to convert it. we did are carb ourself. it is simple to do. i think the alky to about a 10hp gain. like i said i ran with the stage 3 kit with a stage 1 and 1/2. can you post pictures on here? i can post the dyno runs if someone tell me how to put pictures on this site.

Old 04-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

cctman, I sorry you ran into so much ****, But I'm glad you had a Pretty good time. Definately let me know when you guy's are coming back agian and I'll try to get as may of us ATVconnecton riders together.

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: little sahara last weekend