CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

U.S. Dept. of the Interior VS DS DAYS

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will bring my camera and take pics as well for evidence if they even try anything on you don. Nothing commerical and we wont have a prob, just a bunch of friends hanging out having fun. Cant throw us in jail for that. Sean

Old 04-30-2002, 03:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I tried to at least take the page offline for the moment but my login doesn't have access to rename the files. I'll see if my webmaster can make the page offline for now, then we'll go from there. I've been meaning to take the page down, but when a website isn't your full time job, it's virtually impossible to stay on top of things.

Old 04-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

frist of all mister blm man if you think there is any organization amongst this group your sadly mistaken!!!!!LOL see yall at shhhh we don't want to tip off where we will be!!!

Old 04-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

Don,
I remember at the beginning of the DS Days thread, you offered your time and effort to help get this underway, not as a business owner, but as a rider (that's what this forum is about...as the moderators have told us...riders only, no sales or commercial). Since then, you've been ignored, rebuffed and now you're getting certified mail? Just for helping to get a group together that only wants to have some fun, organized or not. I'll see you....whereever... and if there is anything (I'm not sure what) that we can do, let me know...this is an OUTRAGE. They don't have time to send one extra officer out to the dunes for a couple days because of the 30 extra people (who would have helped clean up), but have the time to start watching their a$$ by sending "certified friendly reminders"?? I've got my own web server up and running now, so if we'd like to start posting something or...grrrrr....whatever. I am so pi$$ed! There, I think I feel a little better now...can't wait for that weekend.

AZSand....'Government Organization'.....HA, whadda joke!

Old 04-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well it looks like our "unofficial" gathering known as DS Days is "officialy" derailed. I guess THEY win!

ps. anybody know of any good riding spots in Nevada? I haven't been riding down that way and want to check out some of the Dunes down there, maybe I can make it some time around Labor day weekend or so.

Old 04-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey majorecho, i heard of this place in nevada called sand mtn. thats supposed to have some good dunes. We might also cruise that way around labor day time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Naw! you don't want to ride at Sand Mtn on Labor day. I hear that the BLM is planning to deny peoples constitutional rights by harassing the law abiding, fun loving, tax paying DS riding americans that choose to excercise their right to ride on government land that was set aside for this perpose. If you go there they will be too busy harassing you to perform their other duties and, who knows, some poor accident victom may not get the medical aide he needs in a timely manor. Priorities ya know.

Tell ya what though, there is a place just east of Fallon NV where there are some dunes and just so happens a bunch of us plan to be there on the weekend of Aug 30 to Sept2. Maybe you guys can make it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

While I can appreciate Dons feelings wanting to throw it into there face is this really the smart thing to do. It is possible we could do more harm than good here, I have a few contacts with people who work with the BLM and believe me, they are looking to make an example of you Don, and its just not worth it. In my opinion we should apply for a permit when they are being accepted and throw it in there face with the largest gathering of DS owners legally. If the permit should be denied we can organize a legal protest with press coverage and really shake them up! Think about it guys a law suit against one of our own, all the expense involved fighting it and possible jail time plus we all look bad in the publics eye, it's just not worth it
Bearman

Old 04-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with bearman, if you throw it in their face this year, what do you think will happen next year if we want a permit.

I say the people that want to go to sand mtn nevada go and have a good time, I am not sure where I will go.

If I had to decide today, I would say I was going to little sahara utah.

I have a season pass, so it costs me nothing but the gas to get there and it is much closer. I dont want to drive 10 hours to be hassled and have my weekend ruined.

Do what you want, but most likely I will be at little sahara utah and look forward to sand mtn nevada next year.

Bat

Old 04-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, one more thing, why are they trying to make an example out of Don?

For trying to legally put on an event?

I dont see anything he did wrong, but I am not involved on an organizational level.

What if a bunch of DS riders show up, and have a great time and Don is not there? Are they going to make an example out of him for telling people about a riding place?

Maybe I am just confused, but it seems like he was trying to do the right thing and it is coming back to bite him in the @$$.

Don, I hope they dont try some stupid legal manuvering on you, I dont think you did anything wrong.

Bat

Quick Reply: U.S. Dept. of the Interior VS DS DAYS