CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Youshimura NO GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Yosh slip on with the RS-3 Race can and it work very well. What I hate about is the lack of customer service or due they even care about me after they have my money. It all stated when I wanted to get the TEC changeable end cap. I called and was sure for about $70.00. I drove up and dropped of my pipe. They tell it will be a different can the OFFROAD one and the price is now $89.95 + return shipping. I called 4 working days later to find out it was going to cost me $150.00 now. I said ok. Two day latter I get it back but they keep my RS-3 race can. For $150.00 I want my old parts back. I have called three times given no person to talk just voice mail. I have sent 3 e-mail with no replay. So due not buy Yoshimura over priced and no customer service.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

YOUR WORD IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME NO YOSHI'ES IN MY SHOP! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2002, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Add Yoshi to Big Gun as pipes NEVER to buy!!!!

Old 05-01-2002, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for letting us know Bill

Old 05-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

What's up?
My suggestion to you would be to go to Yoshi's web page and look for all of the phone numbers of the different departments. I tried to contact them with a question on their main line to no avail and finally tried that. I got through first call and spoke with a guy that was very helpful (sorry can't remember his name). If that doesn't work, I would send an email to each department head with a link from the "contact" section of their website. I would also let them know how many members are on these forums and that you will definitely let everyone know what the result of you contact/customer service efforts were, good, bad or brick wallish. Lastly you might try a distributor such as Denton Racing. I just ordered a part from Denton and received it four days later. He didn't even have the part in stock, but humped up and got it to me THAT quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to call Denton again.

Just my $.02

Good luck,
SD

Old 05-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bought a Yoshi pipe from Denton Racing a few weeks ago - neither could give me jetting recommendations, and neither cared the least little bit. They kept asking me what was wrong, how's the bike acting? I said it doesn't matter, all I need is a number - a main jet number - if you can't give me that then you've done no R&D, if you can then you have done R&D and you'd know how it is acting now without asking me!!

Many phone calls from me to Denton and Yoshi resulted in nothing but wasted time. I'm tired of being overly pollite, trying to stroke a favor out of vendors who should be kissing my rear - I'm the one who dropped $280 for a slip-on, and another $40 for the tunable end cap!! That's $320 for a slip-on, not a full system...
It is a pretty pipe though, that stainless muffler looks sweet, and will last forever.

Old 05-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

How do you like the performance Hightower? What kind of pipe are you switching from?

SD

Old 05-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Soonerduner - I did have the RWR system, started denting its poor design while jumping, so I recently got the Yoshi slip-on. I anticipated the need to lean my jetting, since I was going from a full system to a slip-on with the stock headpipe. Turns out in the end my jetting is the same - the Yoshi slip-on flows as good as a full system - with a stock motor that is. I'm sure there is more to gain from a full system if you get into internal mods. It sounds great, makes great power, and is beautiful to look at. I guess that since Yoshi knows there product is sweet, they figure people will buy it without getting the service they deserve. They suck. I'd like to kick some roost up there a$$es.

Old 05-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Bill,

It's time for the drive back to them. You do have your orginal quote, right?

Take that with you and a list of all the times you've called them and taked to whoever. When you get there ask to see the general manger and just start showing him what his employees are doing. That should bring arounf quick closure to this.

Sorry, but it has to happen to someone or else the rest of us wouldn't know.

Smitty