CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Duncan Too

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duncan is all so think of making a pipe for the DS650. It would be a Fat Boy4 with stainless steel header. So give they a call or E-mail them. 619-258-6306

Old 05-01-2002, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

They have been thinking about it for a year and a half. Don't hold your breath. Forget them and trinity.

Old 05-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Jbomb, although I hate to agree with you, you're probably right.
My guess is that they (Trinity, Duncan, 4 Stroke Tech, Sparks and all the others) will never do anything.
The only major high performance co. to do anything is CT. They may not offer as much as they do for other quads but at least it's something!

Old 05-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Bill
I will call them tomorrow and twist there arm to make the exhaust. I still believe that if enough people show interest they may make DS parts, at least its worth a try
Bearman

Old 05-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Don't you guys think there is enough companies making pipes for the ds,i mean even if other companies make pipe it will only comfuse everybody on wich one to buy,wich one looks better,wich one is louder,wich one makes the most power,wich one last longer and so on.....

I think we already have good companies to chose from an even if other companies makes them they wont be better then the pipes that are on the market now and one more thing lost of you guys said that the stock pipe is great whit a modified end cap so why hold your breath just think about it.

Can anyone name all the aftermarket pipes and slip-ons for the ds.

DSWOLF.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder if they would take my big gun in as a trade-in. Knowing my luck with this pipe, they'll give me $0 and even make me pay for shipping to take this pipe. From all the news, I'm going to replace this complete system with a slip-on sometime this summer. Anyone know the best slip-on that has good power gains and is also quiet.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

We are currently testing DS pipes we are one of the only companies that I know of that has a 30 day money back guarantee on pipes. This makes us work harder to produce a pipe that makes extraordinary power, If it doesn't we will be getting a lot of them back. And we don't want to get ANY of them back, so it might take us while but when it's done it will be awesome.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Harry ill take the first exhaust system you put out! Im sure it will be a great system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

Wow Harry, the word must have gotten out to yah about the thread. I would like to say that I, along with all the rest of us on here, we welcome you to the DS world. The one problem with the DS is lack of after market support. I know you have probably saw some negative posts, understand it's because at times it seems the DS is the black sheep that everyone wants to go down. I beleive it is because many actualy fear the capabilities that the DS could reach if people supported it. It is truly capable of truly great things and one thing about the DS is it's owners. They seems to be in a more elite crowd that love to spend money on them. There may be less DS's out there but we love to make them bad. Show the DS support and we will show you support, big time.

Demon

Old 05-02-2002, 03:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to say when I heard CT made anything for any machine OTHER than the TRX250R *I* was suprised. I had them do some work on my LT250R before I sold it (it never agreed with me, and it would always win the argument - but I had the last word...) and they wouldn't do anything aside from a basic rebuild or a porting job. However, for the TRX250R, they have about 600 different options.

Harry, it's great to hear you guys are making something for the DS!

I can vouch for Trinity standing behind their work as well, I had a Mojave rebuilt by them and have been very satisfied with the service.

Quick Reply: Duncan Too