CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Paddles

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 05:55 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 and a half psi. I see all the sand types but ocean beach sand. Actually it's comp hill in Florence Oregon. If the sand was wet I wouldn't need paddles and desert sand that I've seen was coarser. I got along pretty good without paddles there to.
If you don't have a problem then I wouldn't spend a dime to change. I'm suggesting that a new paddle buyer consider 22 10by10 extreme hualers. Sand45 has one of the fastest stock motored DS's going running these. I don't see how it could hurt given the choice between 20 and 22's.

Old 05-05-2002, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No doubt that the 22" will give better floatation, traction, holeshot, etc. I guess a person's riding style will have to play a roll in the tire choice too - I love aggressive play riding, carving up the sides of bowls, twisting and turning through the woods trails of Silver Lake and Little Sahara,OK, spinning big roost. Harder to do with 22", but if hillshooting and dragging was my priority, I'd go 22".

Old 05-05-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Remember you are going to a place where the sand is extremely soft. You can over paddle a quad easily. Big big dunes in Idaho so I would not recommend a ten paddle. It will rob to much power. Quads need to spin and get on top of the sand and a ten paddle simply won't let a Ds do that. Get an eight or dig in....

Old 05-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

If your in sand conditions that make your straight paddle haulers spin you want to ADD air pressure, In the soft dry sand conditions I run 5 psi in my Extreme haulers. This makes the paddles cup & stick up higher for more traction. It works even better on regular haulers because they flex more than the Extremes.

Old 05-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have my DS geard to spin the 22" 10 paddle. Im sure i would not have a problem climbing any of the hills in idaho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I run a 23x8x10 12 paddle haulers and would burn my ds to the ground if she couldn't climb any dirt hill.these tires should ahve a requirement of min of 4"
extended swing arm due to the hook up. no seriously i run 8 on wet or hard sand for slippage and 10 for geneal light moisture to soft sand and twelves for dry light sand and cinders. and cinders are proably the toughest climb out there! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

AZSAND...you are ready for any sand condition thats for sure! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 04:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes Sand45 but i just ordered a set of 22x10x10 to try at sand mountain. heres a little secrect for some fo you guy's put 23" smooth buffs or 23"itps up front and you don't have to upgrade your arms and no bump steer problems. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I had been running Sand Sharks on my DS and just got back from Sand Mt., NV where I tried out my new Extreme Hauler 20x10x10 8-paddle tires. The difference was amazing. I was able to go up hills in second without boggin' down where I had to shift to 1st before. I was also able to make it up Comp hill in 3rd where I had to shift down to second before (losing a ton of speed.)

I was losing to one of the guys in our group with a '01 Raptor but, then found out he had some engine work done (while it was in the shop getting a new Tranny). I did better the second day against him when I worked on my shifting out of the hole and got my A$$ further back on the seat.

I thought the Haulers turned well, didn't really notice a difference between them and the Sand Sharks.

I like doing a lot of bowls and dune turning so the 22" tires are not the choice for me (too tippy.)

Old 05-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

im getting a set of geckos.mainly because they look cool.their not a "v" and their not a straight,their kind a tire in the middle.they should do great for my play riding and a little drag racing.also,can i get a # for the clutch springs?thanks.

Quick Reply: Paddles