CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW MODELS

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< From the top down, Bombardier is MUCH more concerned about the utility market than the sport side, so don't expect a flood of new sport bikes from them at any time, but I'm sure they will let something out soon. >>

Aside from Cannondale, all the companies feel that way. Unfortunatly, thats where the money is right now. All we can do is wait, with anticipation, for the next sport model offering while watching all the new utility models get all the goodies. It could be worse though, they could release a DS with reverse and call IT a utility [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with DSjockey, It must keep what makes the DS GREAT!

SIZE
STRENGTH
RELIABILITY
COMFORT

Its easy to why the DS is so much heavier, All you have to do is park it next to any other &quot;sport&quot; model and compare the size of each part. But if this is what it takes to keep the DS &quot;rock solid&quot; then keep it EXACTLY as it is!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

IF ANY ONE FROM BOMBER IS LISTENING.Who knows what a traxter is.No one excatly my point focus on what the world knows you for THE DS 650 the worlds frist out of the box competitor.

Old 05-07-2002, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you AZSAND. If bombardier continues to release utility quads as ugly as the Traxter and now Rally and Outlander, they will get nowhere in the ATV market. The quest does have a good engine and 4 wheel drive system, but who want a machine that weighs 800 lbs!?? Bombardier would have better luck marketing more sport machines with Rotax engines. PROVEN RELIABILITY!

Old 05-07-2002, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Right now, Bombardier is selling 8 or 10 utility quads to every one DS. With that good of sales in the utility field , compaired to their luke warm &quot;performance&quot; sales, I don't understand why they continue to focus their marketing on the quads that are selling well, and refuse to promote the line that needs the promotion most. Thier factory desert racer doesn't even come to the races any more. I guess he only shows up for the 3 SCORE races, and lets everyone else run the other desert races.

Old 05-07-2002, 03:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It seems odd to me that the Bombardier factory racer is using a nearly 100% stock ATV for racing, when racing with machines that don't even resemble their original build. Most other factory rides are using highly modified machines to show what their machines can do, even though that machine isn't stock. Imagine a STOCK mini-pickup running the Baja. Now THAT would be funny.

If there were more 'real' races, where 'stock' factory machines were raced together, it would be the perfect environment for that, but unless they want to release $14,000 units like Cannondale, they need to let the factory racing machine step away from the factory specifications to some degree. Isn't that part of the idea of racing anyhow? To help test &amp; develop new designs that will help further the value, performance &amp; durability of the stock machine in future years?

Old 05-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Range Rover

Cool part about the 12K cannondale it has the same frame and engine as the 7K model. Recently while watching hockey I saw a few comercials for Bombardier. They were for utility quads doing some serious work like pulling around full size trees in a logging operation. Funny thing is Polaris used to own the ATV ad time since they are a major corporate sponsor in Minnesota. How did Bombardier get their ad spot? Who knows but I feel Bombardier is on the verge of making a huge push in the next year. Sport machines, utility machines and new advertising to back it all up. I hope to get to ride one of those lightweight DS's thats for sure.

Old 05-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Range Rover

Blackhawk, actually...there is a Off-road class for &quot;STOCK&quot; mini-trucks, Full size, AND...Sport utility., Imagine buying a new &quot;Expedition&quot;, putting a roll cage in it, one shock per wheel and racing it...woohoo...bring on the whoops...hehe

Old 05-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

<< It seems odd to me that the Bombardier factory racer is using a nearly 100% stock ATV for racing, when racing with machines that don't even resemble their original build. Most other factory rides are using highly modified machines to show what their machines can do, even though that machine isn't stock. >>

I don't know about your definition of stock, but despite what is said about that bike, it's no closer to stock than most other bikes out there. I've looked the bike over very carefully, and seen some things that most people would not notice. Not to mention, the only suspension part that is retained from the &quot;stock&quot; bike is the swing arm. Yes, it does still have a stock frame and plastic, but no one makes those items in the aftermarket. It does retain the stock carb. As for the motor being stock, it's a safe bet based on what I know and have seen, it's not.

Now I don't see a problem with modifying the bike, but these claims of it being all stock should be ended.

Old 05-07-2002, 01:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ha ha! I was wondering how they got 100+mph in the flats! But How much power could they have achieved out of that motor still using the stock carb? Inquiering minds want to know.

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: NEW MODELS