CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just got back from Little Sahara, OK - slipping clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's some wide open ridin!!!! I mean I ride sand all the time, but I've never been to a place that size before, and the woods trails through the sand are awesome, especially at night!! The sand was a little rough the first day, with a damp subsurface, but on into the third and fourth days it was wipping up to be pretty prime. We finally got some razers the last day. Luckily nobody got hurt too bad, although eRAPTOID took a hard hit coming off a nice jump, and got knocked out cold for a solid minute.

My only disappointment was a slipping clutch on the DS. Gotta have those heavy duty clutch springs....eRaptoid's raptor took me on the 100yrd like 7 out of 8 races. I lose a foot or two every time I shift and the clutch lags - that sucks. Gonna have to call Knutz....Anybody got any other suggestions??

Oh yeah - bansheewarrior's shee took us both - strong runnin' two stroke...

Old 05-04-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Knutz= Team pami clutch springs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

KMUTZ PAMI SPRINGS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower, Glad to hear you guy's had a good time, That sand gets pretty Dangerous when it gets smooth(hard to judge speed and distance). Hope eRAPTOID is ok, Knocked out for a full minute is pretty scary! I to also suffer from slipping clutches, But its not noticable except in Drag-races. But I need to change springs also, before I do anymore damage to my clutches. Next time you guy's come back this way, I'll be sure to be their!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-04-2002, 01:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, my clutch only slips when dragging, and I've never noticed it before I got the 10 paddle haulers. Speed shifting with throttle pegged makes it slip worse.

Elk City huh - too bad you couldn't have been at the dunes this week. Ever ride with THEMOOSE (raptor pilot)? eRAPTOID had him meet us there and he showed us around, very hospitable.

Hey AZ and 45 - any clutch disk options I should about - I mean should I replace anything else while I'm in there? There's all kinds of materials available for the R's and shee's, anything for the DS? Can I run synthetic oil after putting in the springs?

Old 05-04-2002, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

I'm probably going to have replace my springs one day as well. As far as oil, I think some are using Hondaline HP-4 and Amsoil 0w-40, and a couple of other premium semi to fully synthetic oils. I was thinking of switching to Amsoil 4 stroke 0w-40 when I replace my clutch springs. BTW, if you guys have a pic of your quad , email it to me and I will link it to the DS jetting/mod page. I have a couple of pics linked there already.

DS rider info....

Old 05-04-2002, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

The stock cutches are great i would stay with them. The springs will make all the diffrence in the world. Ive had the team PAMI springs for almost a year and i do lot of drag racing and never had my clutch slip again. Well worth the money![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 02:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What oil you running sand45? Any slip to be expected with stock clutch, Pami springs, and synthetic oil?

Old 05-04-2002, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

I run regular 4 stroke Torco 10-40W. I change my oil all the time about every 3 rides.I would not feel good about leaving my oil unchanged for a long period of time just becuse im running synthetic oil. I run my ds real hard becuse im always drag racing. The torco done a great job my mechanic alway compliments my cams becuse they still look like new even after a year and a half. I know some people here run synthetic oil with stock clutch & pami spring and had no slipage, so hopefully someone can tell ya for sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

SAND45 has a good poimt i only use the stock clutches.someone is making a after market set but they requier a little filing to fit right and i think that ain't right!!!and i do a little dragging to and my stocks with pami's work just fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Just got back from Little Sahara, OK - slipping clutch