CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New to Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past weekend was my first time to the great Glamis dune ridding area. No paddles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so I wasn't as fast as I could have been or as sure either. But still a lot of fun. My brother (Washrdskins) his two boys and myself had a tuff time at first finding our way around. But after a bit we found Olsmobile and comp hills. The one thing that really, really bothered me about this place was how much trash fellow dunners left behind. I couldn't beleive it. Comp hill was the worst I think. Bottle necks sticking up out of the sand. Come on people. You know who you are. Put the empties back in the cooler. No wonder they keep taking ridding areas away from us.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We made it a very special point of telling our youngsters that this was and is unexceptable behavior and made sure we did our part and picked up after ourselves. If you are one of the dunners that has been lax in the pack it in pack it out department. You are not only screwing it up for the rest of us but your screwing yourself to.
I'll be back with paddles next season but for now it's mountain trail ridding time. And much cleaner. No trash.

Old 05-06-2002, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey, thats wshrdskin to you buddy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I agree. It wasn't a pretty site.

Old 05-06-2002, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey eagle sorry you had to see all the trash but thats pretty much only in the glamis area the rest of the dunes are pretty clean i only go to glamis for comps.but it should have been a little cleaner after the end of season clean up.

ps: if you like cleaning up after your self we will welcome you @ gordons well

Old 05-06-2002, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Eaglecollector you cal tell your kids it was not true Duners that leave the trash. Comp Hill has become the spot for parties for teenager from as far as LA and Phoenix. The problem has moved form Palm Springs too the river and now is at Glamis. The ASA has clean up thought out the session and we have removed as much as 250 large trash bags of trash from Comp Hill at one time. Check out the GlamisOnline

Old 05-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

I was also at Glamis this weekend and it was nasty in those area's! Like BillDS650 said it's not the people that love the dunes but rather the party people. They come to Glamis to drink beer and cause trouble. Most don't even have dune toys.

Old 05-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

The ASA sounds like exactly what we need. Sounds like they are and all who contribute / donate are doing there part. Im going back to the dontae link myself. The next cleanup date isn't untill August. Wow, thats gonna be a little to hot to be in the desert. The ASA sounds like they will take care of all who participate though.