CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

best pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kodiak, I didn't think mine hit until someone mentioned it on the forum. Look under your quad way back on the left side of the swing-arm. If you see a little paint missing, you hit the pipe. The pipe will have a very small ding in it. The end section will be fine.

I would never had noticed if someone on the forum had not mentioned it.

Old 05-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have a CT pipe, the Graydon and CT are almost twins, it's been a good pipe, the head pipes chrome has turned black but that's to be expected, I like the fact that you can put 4" suppertrap discs right on the end of the pipe if you need spark aressting. It is loud, when I started running the streight tip my riding buddy didn't want to ride behind me anymore, I can't compare it to anything elese though as I have been running it since my second ride.
3TV thanks for your description of how far you can jump with the Woods pipe I've been trying to figgure if I might dammage the pipe with my riding, hope you don't mind me getting personal but how much do you weigh? also how much additional spaceing did you use in your installtion, Thanks!

Old 05-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

We jump up small cliffs about 10-15foot high, about 4th gear wide-open it shoots you straight up and over quite a bit, but it kinda hurts when you land because your coming straight down, adn its on hard-packed ash. lol.I've been calming down a bit lately, I think my front shocks are all but gone. I also ride on quite a few different MX tracks, and some of the jumps there are longer, but they dont hurt when you land, because there is landing ramp. Your not coming straight down, like we do on the cliff jumps.

My buddy has a Raptor & lets just say it did'nt fair to well off of those jumps, lets just say the chassis is not stock anymore.

I'm thinking about maybe getting the Trinity full system when it comes out.

Old 05-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]Watzup everyone?! I always enjoy the pipe shootout threads...I was suprized that no one reiterrated that exhaust is only one of the 'three-amigos' when it comes to getting substantial gains out of our four-wheelers...an aftermarket filter (K&N--don't forget the Outerwears) and proper jetting should not be left out of the equasion if you are serious about truely noticeable HP gains...just getting the pipe would be like having Moe and no Larry and Curly...knuk,knuk,knuk!!

I haven't had the time at home to tinker with my quad but I did finally wise up and take heed to your guys advice and order the Dyno-jet Stage III kit($46). Sandtrax Innovative Performance of Tulsa is supplying me with the kit and a 15 tooth countersproket($23)to go with my Pure Sports 'Bandits' (23f\22r) tires--which I don't have yet because none of our favorite mail order suppliers have any...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I must be going stircrazy because yesterday I also ordered a belly-skid and swingarm-skid from Pro Armor($220)...I was so excited about ordering them I didn't even discuss with the salesman which finish I wanted...I prolly am getting the hard chrome$$ones...yipee!!!

Back to the issue of exhaust...in one of the recent threads we talked about porting and polishing which lead to the raised ring just inside the header pipe and whether or not it was a good idea to grind it flush...but if you did and you were to ceramic coat the inside of the header pipe exhaust scavenging would not be a problem because of lower pipe temperatures?. Does anyone have anymore ideas/experience with this?

Today I stopped at a BMW dealership here in Norfolk, VA...and oh-my-gawd...those Drakar f650's are some sharp looking bikes...for around 9K. I asked about CDI and rev limiters the best I could, without coming off as a real goob I found out a little info...the new f650s are fuel-injected and have EFI (of course) so if you wanted to eXperiment with the little black box that has a rev limit of 9300 you have to buy one (for a measly $387) made for a pre'00 bike...that was enough for me not to really consider that as an option...just for thought

Anyway, I can't wait to get home sometime next week and tweak the Bomb a little for some Memorial wkend fun!! Sorry for the wayward post...

Old 05-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Cool, I'm at 225-230 myself, at least I can ride it with out trashing it, looks like thats the way I'm going

Old 05-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Range Rover

Anyone want to trade pipes i got a r4 slip on. to loud

Old 05-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

hey bigdad, how much would you sell it for?

Old 05-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

How much you give?