CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ct raceing high compression piston?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the high compression piston from ct but are there any other things i have to do with it, jetting...etc?Is it worth the two hundred bucks power wise? and what octain gas do u need to run with it? is there any other better options for about the same price? thanx for any info.

01 ds
hmf slip-on
K&N fileter and jet kit
vortex twist throtel

Old 05-21-2002, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All the individual things that can be done to a quad only offer minor impovements (piston, cams, porting, etc.), but to do them all is to gain big time. Don't expect the piston alone to get what you're looking for, but instead see it as the first step towards a package deal in the end. Then again, might as well get that headwork done while its apart for the piston....and if your going that far, might as well go 703....and if your going that far might as well go 760... and then add NOS, or maybe a turbo....how about EFI...
See where this is going?? You're on the path of no return...

Old 05-22-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

01DS...no, we're all not that sick. YOU have to decide what you want to accomplish, and in that you have to make an important decision whether you want to be one of the fastest, or simply have a fast and reliable quad. Hightower made an important point...you won't be real impressed by simply adding a high-comp piston that costs $xxx.xx...and the best way to satisfy that 'need for speed' is to talk to a reputable builder about a package. In the long run this is the be$t and $marte$t way to get your fix. Who are your friends and are you eating too much of their dust? It's cheaper to get new friends...You may or may not have already pondered this...you've already started with the bolt-ons so why not, eh?

Old 05-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, you guys are right! I don't think I will truly be happy until I get a least a 703!!...Make it stop!!!!

Old 05-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with what the other guys are saying, the mechanic at my dealership put a RW piston (only) in his bike and we raced back and forth, other than that both bike were essentially identical and we took turns racing each other and swaped bikes - wasn't much difference
and each bike won about the same number of times. I wasn't impressed.
Package is the way to go, save your pennies till you can do it right. External mods are a great start,(cdi, pipe,carbs) but when you decide to go inside have enough$$$ to do piston and cams and some head work then you'll feel the difference.