CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I rode the DS650 Baja and all i can says is........

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that is a nice machine it didnt seem to be a wheely machine but tons of torque and dont have to worry about stalling it one thing im courious is what gears will the ds wheely in with good traction? Also when you got on it it was like a caddilac and when you rode it you felt like you been riding it for many years mabe because it was so smooth and stable but i really was impresed with it very very nice machine how does it do in the tight trail sections being so big? and is it a good hill climber? Well thanks for reading my post like to hear from all .

Old 05-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

BigGreen500~
I rode over 100 miles of wooded trails with a Raptor a few days ago and I was a lot more tired than him at the end of the ride. These trails are about 10 feet wide and can be ridden at roughly 40-50 mph. Now, I did have the chance to ride the Raptor for a while, and it was a lot easier to handle through the woods. Now, 5 straight hours of hard riding would be tiring on just about any machine. Probably even more tiring on a utility machine. What I'm saying is the DS was a tiring machine on that 5 hour race-paced ride. Now for Hill climbs, the DS could not be much better. With the longest wheelbase and a heavy front end, the DS does very well on steep hills.

Old 05-25-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I ride in a tight wooded area that the trails are only as wide as the machine. I scrub trees on both sides at once often. I still love it though. It is also very steep hills in the trees. My budie rides a raptor and he fits between the trees fine but has his hands full up some of the hills. There is very little to no running start for most of the hills and the majorody of them dont go straight up, you have to turn going up. What he gains by being able to fit in the tighter areas he losses when i can climb a steep hill with no worys.

Old 05-25-2002, 10:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with 99500, sometimes the trails I ride get a little narrow for the DS, but that's because there aren't enough DS's out there - if there were then all the trails would be made by them, and be wider! But what I lose through tight fits I gain on straight-aways and hill climbs. Most of my riding is sand, and there is no more comfortable ride in the universe.

I've never been wore out by the DS. i get less fatigue riding it than any other bike I've ridden. At the end of a day, I'm the least fatigued - everybody is always more tired than I, even the honda guys.