CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

760 vs turbo Scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be afraid! Charles is right!

Old 05-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

<<

The turbo makes more power and torque than his Saturday [&quot;what is that comment suposed to mean?&quot;] 760 setup. I'm not bashing the 760 or the rider. I hope to race again real soon when I fix a few things that went wrong. The 760 is fast but about what I expected, not 120RWHP, more like 80RWHP range.
[Whithout any dyno #'s of your own, how are you judging the power of a quad that beat you? You have it to a science that you can tell exactly how much power your making when you not running right? Then you should be able to fix it whithout any delay.]

Problem was, I was initially raced without my knowledge prior to dialing in a new setup. I was running in the 68mph range when I normally break 80mph. We tied once before I dialed in better.

After dialing in a little bit, I was racing drag banshees, but the 760 sat on the side and watched. I purposely didn't ask him to race cause there wasn't much point after I was dialed in (actually I was never dialed in). Give me credit for this. I could have been a jerk and made him race when I new I would win.
[Made him race? If you thought you had it fixed, I'm sure he would have loved to race you. I don't believe that anyone with this much money into their quad, and talking this much smack would let it rest after getting whooped.]

FYI: Most of the onlookers left before I was dialed in.
You've had over a year to dial it in, he has had less than a week. [You threw out the comments that no one was ready for you at Snake Hunt, so what went wrong since then?]

The guys who saw me run at snake hunt new I was not dialed in initially.

The controversy continues, but I was right, The turbo makes more power and torque!!!! I'm not bashing, you guys started this.
[You lost but still claim to make more power and torque? I have feeling if you race again, and he misses a shift or does something that lets you win, you'll never race him again.]

I never said I have NEVER lost a race by the way - I said I haven't seen a single cylinder 4 stroke (400EX, Raptor, DS, Cannondale) with more power.
[You signiture used to say &quot;still looking for a single cylinder that can beat me&quot;. Well, it found you, and it's a four stroke.]

More on this later.
>>

Gee, I can't wait for &quot;more&quot;

Old 05-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

<< Was the 760 running nitrus? >>

NOPE!

Old 05-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think we want any more, just wait untill he gets it dailed in. Let us know when that day is Scooby so I can stay at home, I don't want to be embaraced.

Old 05-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

FYI, I was running only 10psi of boost when he beat me, instead of 17+. Hows that one feel Knutz? At 15psi he couldn't beat me, at 20 psi there is no point in racing.

Old 05-27-2002, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

come on DS guys.....what are you doing???? i cant believe what im reading! how can you DS guys put down another DS? it is a DS and it is a turbo intercooled DS. so it cant be slow by any stretch of the imagination. it has to be wickedly fast. give scooby some slack will you. i have a 9 sec. street car and i can tell you that it does take a long time to get it all sorted out when you get to that level. i can see the raptor guys picking on scooby but not our own DS guys. i dont even like racing other DSs. i like beating raptors, any honda and banshees, not my own kind. we have to stick together all us DS guys, were the underdogs remember...too heavy too wide...all that crap. scooby and that 760 should of been whoopin up on those raptors...thats what there for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] not each other. just my .02

Old 05-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a big AMEN MR. Badassbomb.

Old 05-27-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

In this post you say you can't keep the head sealed to 15 psi boost, did you get that problem fixed?

Old 05-27-2002, 11:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What is the story on the 760? Was it a new quad? Just built? It is the one from blossom tx.? On NOS?

Knutz- Is there a difference on the 'saturday' motors verse the ones built during business hours? Did you dyno that package? Don't send anymore to Tx.

Old 05-28-2002, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

<< FYI, I was running only 10psi of boost when he beat me, instead of 17+. Hows that one feel Knutz? At 15psi he couldn't beat me, at 20 psi there is no point in racing. >>

One question, did you beat him? You can throw out all the theory you want, but when you raced, who won? You had a year+ to dial it in, he had a few days. If he had 15:1 compresion he would have beaten you worse, but he didn't, just like you didn't have higher boost. I gave the Sparks bikes full credit for winning at Four Stroke Wars, because they were there and ready. I never said your bike wasn't fast. I've even said to everyone that it should whoop a normally asperated motor running on gas. You have two power adders[alcohol and the turbo] and your racing an all motor quad, and losing. Hows it feel? Feels great to me! When you get it to keep running at 15-20 psi, and beat a race head 760 with dual carbs, then you can reclaim the bragging rights. Right now, you have no dyno #'s and lost the only head to head shoot out. All you do have is your own speculation on HP figures, and your own boasting. I know that if I got whooped by a bike I should have beaten, and then found the problem that caused me to lose, I would look for the re-match as soon as possible.

It was a quad that formerly had my [Team Pami]piston and cams in it, but the owner wanted more. It's now a 760 with a race head and dual carbs. I think nitrous may come some day, but since the motor was so new, it didn't have it this weekend. You will have to ask Scooby what he means by a Saturday 760, I have no idea. I can build another motor like this for any customer with the time and money. It's not some rare, one off motor that can't be duplicated. I'm working on a couple more right now.

Quick Reply: 760 vs turbo Scooby?