CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LITTLE SAHARA, UT- BORING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys and the "No helmets, no shirt and riding double" coments are starting to sound like dirt wheels editors! I don't normally do this, but if someone wants to ride double without a helmet or whatever, as long as it's not breaking the law in that area, it's their choice. The only one that will get hurt is them. There are enough tree huggers around, we don't need any more. Next thing you'll be worried about a weed that grows in the sand. I think each person should deal with their own issues.

Just another penny spent.

Old 05-28-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

You're right. I feel no sorrow for the incompetent. I think riding double is okay here, not sure. I took a 14 yr old around on my Raptor to see the dunes, because they didn't know how to ride and wanted to see the huge bowls. I didn't see any harm. I was being safe and know the dunes very well...

Old 05-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

hey in vegas's defense those of use who ride in tight areas are use to self correction from our groups which is to say if we see a problem we speake it if you or any of your friends die in an atv incident with out a helmet it hurts us all because the frist thing they say is NO HELMETS!!!!!!!!!.not that they were expressing there own beliefs!!!! i had a little battle at sand mt with the same problem and mentioned it to sevral people and its just what they do there but you will find out that at most places you go that have become of age you can'not and will not ride with out a helmet the crowd will not hear of it even at a place as out of control as glamis they still will call you on such a damaging travestiy to our sport!!!!!!!!and yes we all bear that burden protect the sport we love.

PS i did leave camp a few times with out my helmet and now i will bang my head aginst the wall.to repent for my sin's OUCH lesson learned!!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

I think this guy @ Sand Mtn should have had a helmet....

Old 05-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I guess what I'm saying is that "WE" as adults should have the right to choose what we want to do. I agree with Jeff, that guy should be in a brain bucket, but he looks like he is of age to make his own decisions.

I wear a brain bucket because I don't trust the other people (drunks, druggies and @$$ holes). What I'm saying is if I go 100 yards from camp to drop a land mine and wipe my tree hugger I don't think I should be forced to wear a brain bucket.

Laws should be made to protect others and we should be responsible for ourselves. Don't shoot a gun in the air is a good law but wearing safty gear should be my choice. I don't want the people making the laws (who normally are not the people who ride) to get enough power and freedom to make me wear a life vest in my pool because "I might fall in and get hurt".

Any way, I'm glad to hear you all had a good time!!!

Old 05-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jeff, I totally agree. Their is the same "Sickness" of stupidity at LS Oklahoma! It seems that if your a "drag-racer" only, and your bike runs like a Stripped-***-Ape, that it is NOT cool to wear a helmet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I really have seen some NASTY wreckes on the strip(Stroker/alcohol banshees AXEL breakes in two at 5th gear) I still cant believe that guy walked away with only a Concushion.(sp)

P.S. how did your bike run this weekend? I talked to Randy(DS760 in TX) and he said that you helped him a HUGE amount.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

It's funny becuse thats the way it is here: If you ride a shee you have to weigh 120pounds and wear a hat backwards thats the requirements!

Old 05-28-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ok I have to put in my .02 on this one. I occasionaly have ridden without my helmet, do I ride hard? NO. It's weird, I am so used to having my gear on that I feel very weird without it. It was hot as heck this weekend and I still had my full gear on. I dont have a chest protector yet but will eventually but the rest I do and I wear it. I just dont think there is an excuse for not having it on when your riding and playing hard. Those morons, yes flippen morons like that guy in Jeff's picture should have the gear on and most of all a helmet. I never like seeing someone get hurt but if one of those had, they deserved it! Do they have a right not to, yes, but they are stupid, dumb, flippen brain dead morons that do nothing but set a very bad example for children who were wathing them like they were their heros. I take my two year old daughter on rides alot, she loves it, even though I am only in second and ideling down the road(first is to loud hehehe)I still put on my helmet for the example to her. I bought her a helmet to go with her trike and her Peg Perego Warrior Princess battery quad that she wears when she rides. Last time I got it out she even asked me to get her helmet before I had even took it outside. Thats the example we should all set for our youth. Little things like that will be what keeps our sport alive. If you dont wear a helmet, do us all a favor and sell your quad, we dont want you around our riding areas anyway. If you dont like this, to dang bad because I feel strongly abouth this one.

Old 05-28-2002, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Demon... You have a very valid point! I agree and commend you on your opinion! We need more people with the same values.

If the riders that don't wear helmet's sell their quads, then can we get rid of Dennis Rodman, all of the WWF crap, and all of the professional sports perople and actors convicted of drug use and abuse and rape that our kids also look up to?

I still think we should have the freedom of choice.

Old 05-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

I think it kind of funny that this topic has become a discussion of safety.

However, I agree that we should have the freedom to choose. I do however think it is not smart for people to not wear a helmet.

I personally could care less wether or not some idiot gets his head split open or not. But I think it hurts our sport and gives the anti atv'ers more of an argument each time life flight or the ambulance has to make a trip to a popular riding area to transport some guy or girl that got hurt while not wearing the proper equipment.

Riding double is another issue, I am glad that they allow it in utah. I have a 5 year old and it is nice to be able to take him on trail rides and show him the dunes. If I could not it would be very difficult to enjoy a family outing to the dunes.

Oh, well enough ranting about this subject and back to the fun stuff.

I think it is kind of harsh for Al to say it is boring. I just think that the dunes there are so spread out that a lot of people just go out and dune most of the time. As for hill shooting, it is ok, but not the most fun part of duning.

later
bat

Quick Reply: LITTLE SAHARA, UT- BORING!