CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LITTLE SAHARA, UT- BORING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe what I saw over this past weekend. There is this beautiful hill they call Sand Mountain and NOONE runs it!
Granted there were some but there was no constant stream of quads and buggies on it like at Dumont or Glamis.
That hill is incredible though. It takes some real HP to climb at a decent pace.
What I think the problem over there is all these people from UT were too busy riding DOUBLE WITH NO HELMETS!
I don't mean to bash any of you guys that are from UT, as I know there are some serios riders but even you guys have to admit that they do that. Probably drunk too!
Bat, I never did get to ride the Baja.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Vegas650,
We missed ya at Sand Mtn NV......No lack of hill shootin here!

DemonDS,BigJon,AZSAND,TheFasterTheBetter,Jetsnow. Thanks guys for coming, had a great time.

Hey, how about that wet T-shirt contest...I didn't see the T-shirts....
Jeff

Old 05-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have to interject at this point- Al and his crew were camped about 4-5 miles away from Sand mountain and were not camped at the base like I was on Sat to see the races. When I arrived Sat mid morning they were lined up 2 and 3 deep waiting to shoot the hill, bikes rails and quads alike- later in the day as it grew warmer a lot of folks disappeared, presumably seeking shelter from the sun( it was a georgous day) towards evening as I was leaving the activity was picking back up- This weekend their was a decent turnout at Sandmountain but I've seen it much larger and much crazier try labor day for KOTH for example - but Al is right that we have a killer hill to shoot. I think I raced it about 15 times on Sat.
I too for years have seen the no helmet, no protection gear group that are predominately hill shooters on shees and other 2 strokes- I guess they figure there's no one fast enough to roost them or something and there all gen X'er punks.
later.

Old 05-27-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

There was also a National Grand Prix points event in Price, Utah about 3hrs away. All the factory teams were there. Yamy, Suzy, KTM, Honda, Kawy. Alot of people went to the rock crawling event's in Cedar City, and Moab had a big turn out. Labor Day will be much different if it's not a 100 degrees. No excuse for people riding w/ no helmets no shirts and riding double. The sun will cook you at the bottom of the Mtn like a piece of bacon..
We parked next to 3TV, but he was out, we were in, and vice versa.
Rode w/ DS-Aholic and his group. Those guys are waay cool!!

Old 05-27-2002, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

sorry no wet-T contest here- THIS IS UTAH![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Al, sorry you did not get to ride the baja. Next time.

We had an incident and did not make it to the hill on sunday. Bridget took a pretty good spill on the raptor and we headed back to camp. She is ok, but bruised up a little.

Anyway, most times I am at sand mountain there is a pretty steady stream of people climbing the hill. Where we were at saturday night, is the steep side and dont see a lot of people racing that side.

I dont get the no helmet thing and the no shirt thing is just stupid, unless it is the ladies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] then I am all for it.

Dumont was fun, but for all around duning I think I prefer little sahara.

It was nice to meet 3tv (sorry we missed out on the ride and hope you are feeling ok) and majorecho. And it was nice to see Al, and the gang again. Some of the nicest guys.

Well, I will talk to you later.

Bat

Old 05-27-2002, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

OK guys, maybe we were just unlucky in our timming. Yes Bat, there are alot more dunes than Dumont and when you go behind the mountain it is just like Dumont.
I had lots of fun dunning once Curtis solved my problem.
3TV, glad you enjoyed the ride. Yea, it woulds have been nice to have the DS come out of the box like this.
One more thing, one of the guys took us to some trails that went up the side of the mountain all the way around the left side along the fence. Well I'm proud to say that the torque and power that the 703 produces allowed me to climb EVERY one of them. That's more than I can say about a couple of Banshees and a YZ426 that I was with. Only a KX500 was able to climb them all also![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Majorecho,
How are the carbs working out?

I got the 3rd degree from the wife for checking out the wet T-shirt contest(Sat night).......Sunday, she was pissed at me all day....oops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Jeff

Old 05-28-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Bat - sorry to hear that your wife took a bad spill - give her my best for a swift recovery, it was nice to visit with you folks, really liked the new acommodations. Look forward to seeing everybody again for DS days and meeting those I didn't this weekend.
The BAJA sure has a sweet feel to the front end - thanks for the ride BAT!
sorry I didn't get to meet up with you 3TV.

Old 05-28-2002, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff- the dual 39's are highly overated IMO! wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless I wanted to generate more competition for myself - big waste of money if you ask me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I'd recommend 35mm or smaller [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ps. sorry that my sarcasim didn't come thru as clearly as I thought it would.

Quick Reply: LITTLE SAHARA, UT- BORING!