CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New DS exhaust to be released July 4!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a full exhaust as well, it would sure help to see a dyno chart of what it does for a stock bike as well as a well modified machine-
post em as soon as you get em BAT.

Old 06-14-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Major, I will scan them and post them as soon as I get them.

He probably tried to send them today, but we had phone line problems today. So, I emailed him again and asked him to send them again.

I will stop by my office tommorow afternoon and see if they are there.

If so I will post them.

Bat

Old 07-09-2002, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

So what's the deal on the dyno charts?? I want to see one, the pipe is sweet, and as soon as the money rolls in, I'm gonna order one.

2002 Baja DS650, modded end cap

Old 07-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Wow has this pipe showed up yet i read somewhere that it was held back due to production of the z400 pipe. There is comittement for you.last i heard the z400 pipe is out.is this true.If so i would not support trinity for any reason.

later.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it is true, the Z400 pipe was finished before ours, but who cares as long as we get a great pipe. That info came directly from Trinity when I stopped by. Remember guys Harry is in Business to make money and he will sell many more pipes for the Z400 than for the DS650 . The people at Trinity are great and It will be worth the wait in my opinion.
Bearman

Old 07-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

<< Yes it is true, the Z400 pipe was finished before ours, but who cares as long as we get a great pipe. That info came directly from Trinity when I stopped by. Remember guys Harry is in Business to make money and he will sell many more pipes for the Z400 than for the DS650 . The people at Trinity are great and It will be worth the wait in my opinion.
Bearman
>>

I would have to agree, I dont know harry, but he did send me the dyno sheets on what they have so far. He did say that the final numbers will most likely be slightly higher with a few little changes here and there. I am not sure what airbox mods they have made and what jetting. But he said they were not done tuning it yet.

The sheet I have is not very good for posting, as the fax came through very light. I have an older fax machine. Anyway basically it is gaining about 15 ft lbs of torque in the low range with a couple on the top end and the hp is about 10-12 with a couple on the top end. I dont think any of us expect a pipe to make a 10hp gain on the top end.

The torque curve is more of a straight line right accross the middle of the page. I really like that as I think most of you would.

I hope to purchase this pipe as the pics I have seen look great and the power looks to be there also. If anyone has any dynos from other pipes I would be interested in comparing them.

Bat

Old 07-10-2002, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WOW ibearman im amazed at that statement harry is a buiness man he will sell many more z400 pipes. i wish i could tell my coustomers the same thing sorry costomer X is going to spend millons with me this year when im done with him ill get to you.ID be out of buiness in a flash.what a mantaility.any one of my coustomers is as important as the other.and most after market pipes yeild the same results so he is not going to be our savior.the only thing there offering is stainless .

Old 07-10-2002, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

The release of the DS pipe was delayed because it required so many new parts. We make all kinds of billet parts for our pipes that’s why they look the way they do. We had to start from scratch on a lot of parts for this pipe and that tied us up longer then we expected. It is very important to me that this pipe be perfect, and the only way to do that was to make the parts from scratch, the rear billet mount on this pipe will be so cool it will set a new benchmark in the industry, the front silencer assembly had to be laser cut and the billet aluminum inlet is awesome. It will be worth the wait, you will see. We spared no expense on making this for you guys, And when we are done with it I know you will agree. So please except my apology for the delay.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:48 AM
Range Rover

How loud is the trinity pipes on other quads? I ride in some places where i'm not really allowed in, so i don't need the extra attration i get with a loud pipe.

Old 07-10-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

AZSAND
It is just business, I am not saying one customer is more important than another, The DS was out long before the Raptor yet many manufactuers offer a huge line of speed parts and accesories for it but not the DS, why simple economics. They will sell many more times the product for the Raptor or 400ex than remotely possible for a DS. They are not saying customer x doesn't matter and as Harry pointed out it will be worth the wait.
Bearman

Quick Reply: New DS exhaust to be released July 4!