CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RWR 45mm carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me what the main jet size and the needle position setting is on a Ron woods carb.

The engine will die if I snap the throttle to fast. Is this normal????

Or do I just need to tweak the setting?

Thanks

Old 06-15-2002, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

oooooohhhhhh come on someone help this guy out! I now ALOT of you guys are running this carb![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah......HELP Me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey DS Dude.. You can look at the different jetting on the jetting topic post.

I have the 45 Mikuni and I am running 155 main, 96 needle 3rd clip with a 40 pilot at 2.5-3 turns out on the air screw and no throttle pump. If I crank the throttle from idle it may stutter but not die. I set my idle speed up just a hair and it cured the issue. I have the RWR stage 1 with the supertrap end cap. Sandsurfer is set up almost exactly the same except he is running a 160 main w/ a 97 needle and open end cap.

Let me know if I can help you ant more.

Old 06-15-2002, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

it problbaly has the accelerator pump out of it. RWR takes them out if you tell them you are planing on racing it. it will bog when you first hit the gas then pick up. it comes with a 150 main jet you should never have to go up or down. thats the jet they run with all stages. sometimes with the stage 3 the might run a 155. the pilot jet is a 45 i think. not for sure if some people have to change it. email ron woods his web pages is www.rotax.net.

Old 06-15-2002, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

The 45mm comes with a 40 pilot and a 150 main jet, I know because I just went down to Ron Woods and picked one up from Elliot myself. You shouldn't snap the throttle or it will hesitate or die because of the size of the bore on the carb it just lets in to much air to fast. You just have to walk the throttle open, I know I hate this also but you can get used to it pretty quick. And it sure makes a difference. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out yet though is at 4000 ft. I can still run a 150 main no problem, my plugs still look a little lean though. It doesn't make much sense. Anyway I hope this helps and if you other guys read this why are you changing needles?! Thanks, t.m.

Old 06-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I got my Stage 1 from RWR and the carb came with a 96 needle, 145 main and a 40 pilot. I never changed the needle even though everyone else is running a 97 needle. If it aint broke I won't fix it. I just jet it when I need to and adjust the pilot air crew every ride.

Later...

Old 06-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Okay guys, serious question here, and I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything - I'm on the market for a potential new carb...
Why would anybody be cool with a carb that causes stumble if you cram the throttle? My stock BSR did once in while, until I tuned it right, and throttle response is the absolute last thing I would be willing to sacrifice now that I have it tweeked so well. If I have to suffer so much on the bottom, just to gain a little top, I'll stick with the 42mm, even though I may still get the TM42 to replace my BSR.
Won't the accellerator pump cure your problems, and if so why aren't you guys using them? If not, then this is not the carb I want.

Old 06-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

the 45mm carb from ron woods comes with a accellerator pump. if you tell them you are useing the ds for racing they will take it out. i have never rode a ds that bog with the accellerator pump.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Hightower Don't waste the money on the Tm42 get the TM45 it is a lot nicer. I just alked to Elliot at Woods and he is sending me some goodies to try and fix my bog problems. Give me until Friday and I will let you know how to correct the problem. Thanks, T.M.

Quick Reply: RWR 45mm carb