CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ok I cant figure this out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm sounds like this could be fun!! I would love to race Disturbed660, just to see who would win. If I lose, I lose, If I win, I win. It would be cool to race someone that could really hang, I win, they win, I win , they win. That is the best way to sharpen your riding skills as well as get to know the fastest way to run. When to shift, what gear to start in, ect. I am willing to travel to do it but he needs to travel too. Colorado is quiet aways away now. Lets see if we can make this happen!! Thanks WYO, interesting report. Was he hanging with you with your heads though or are you guessing from your previous performance?

Ohh Yah was it hill shooting or flat draggs?

Old 06-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Let's see. Since I raced you, I did add the cool heads with smaller domes to get my compression to a good point. That helped the bottom end a LOT but I'm not sure if it made much difference on the top end. Also, I added the +4 degree key which should help a little too. In all, I can't really tell a difference on top end but I can really feel the improvement in the low end. In short, I would say my recent mods may have helped me drag racing but not by much.

Disturbed660 usually got the holeshot on me and in the short drags up our little comp hill he would get me. This hill can't be more than 75 yards long.

In the flats where you can really open it up I would walk away from him on top end. So, he would get me out of the hole then I would catch up about midway then walk past. Sometimes I didn't catch up and sometimes I walked away a little faster... Pretty close match between he and I. The flats are about 250 yards long I'm guessing...

Maybe Rock Springs (Killpecker) would be a good place to meet up??? I'll let you guys sort out those details.

I'll try to get some video up tonight; at least a couple so you know what I'm talking about... Check my site later on.

Old 06-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey DSa I noticed the St. A's on the 28th you going to be able to make it? It would be cool to finally hook up with some other DS riders. And Demon you know when you run a tad bit leaner on the main you usually will generate more power due to the fact that you run a little hotter in the combustion chamber and your burning ALL the fuel. The richer you run the cooler the chamber, hence you can't burn all that fuel and you choke up the motor. It is always a sure bet in power to run as lean as you possibly can with out melting your piston. Same principal applies to 2-strokes even more so. T.M.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well I did bring that up to the guy at works and he was leaning on some sort of warrenty. I will talk to him tommorow when I ship them out. As for the race I would love to see it it would be fun to see what the outcome would be.

I am not to sure on the St anthony's trip yet but I sure would like to go. I will have to see how things work out with the shocks before I make any plans.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

oh demon ... how do u like them apples???
i would love the chance to race u. i'll go to Rock Springs.. meet up u, race u, beat u, take ur money and then laugh when i tell everyone on the forum my lil raptor beat ur ds!!!! ...haha!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
no really lets work something out so we can meet up. im tried of all this smack talk... lets get it on!! maybe sometime in the middle of july???
well im out and ur still IT! sucka

Old 06-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

How do I like them apples? I love em!!! Doesn't sound like those drags you guys did were very long. When I drag my brother's Raptor he generally would get the jump on me, then when we get to third thats when I pull away. Sounds like this could be the same way. Cept maybe I wont pull away as bad.

July would be great, you name the weekend and I will be there. The best weekends for me would be the 13th and the 17th. I dont have my daughter those weekend and it would be best if we wanted to put in a good day of riding. Otherwise I will pretty much have to do the race and leave thing. Sounds like alot of fun though. I know of a really good spot that is about 500FT long that would be a good spot and a decent hill to shoot as well. You name it and it's done. Tag your it!!

Anybody want to by tickets? Maybe we could do a Pay per view? LOL

Old 06-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

This cracks me up. It is like watching the wwf or something.

Anyway, everyone please come to rock springs. I would love to be able to see some of these races. As long as it is not this coming weekend, I can probably make it and watch.

I was out there this past weekend, and the sand was very very soft. Like riding in sugar or something.

For the most part it was a lot of fun.

Let me know when you guys are coming.

Bat

Old 06-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bat, I will be in the Rock Springs area around the 1st of July. Demon do you still run those Skate II's? If so what do you think of them?

Old 06-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Ok Kids, here's a little more fuel for the fire.

THE VIDEOS OF DISTURBED660 (and me too) ARE UP. Go to my site and then to the video section. The new Walden vids are near the bottom....

I'll leave the commentary on the races to somebody else.

Oh, also go to the reader's rides section (under the PHOTOS button) to see a close up pic of Disturbed so you can understand how he got his name. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Also, go to the Walden pics in the PHOTOS section to see Disturbed "really styling" on his Raptor. Look near the bottom in both cases.

I gotta get my licks in to ya know and today it is at Disturbed's expense. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Actually, we had a good time riding - it was a good day and Disturbed is not nearly as "interesting" as he is on here in person.

Old 06-18-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

I do still run the Skates, and I love them. I recommond going with a nine inch rim width intead of ten for a rounder profile. I am looking into some haulers though if it will increase my drag speeds. I want to test some so I can see if there is a difference. But for everywhere type riding I really like the performance.

Still waiting Disturbed!!!

Quick Reply: Ok I cant figure this out!