CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clutch assembly, Handlebars, and a Helmet.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'm going to order some stuff out of the Rocky Mountain ATV catalog, and was wondering If I ordered handlebars, what kind can I get that doesn't require a new bar clamp?

I was also looking at the MSR Raptor clutch lever assembly, and it looks really trick, and is adjustable up to 325% easier than stock pull, and it's only $33.25 what do you think, will it fit? Will it work?

I also need a Helmet, a pretty cheap one, under $150 bucks. I'd like for it to match my 2002 Baja, and/or my Moose M1 Orange jersey that I am also ordering.

Also on my list is a Pro-Design in-line coolant cooler. It's $28.99, and anodized red. What does everyone think of this?

Also what googles does everyone use? I was going to buy Scott model 87 because they'd fit over my glasses, but I don't have to wear glasses when I ride, so......

Old 06-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks MarkyNark, yeah, $500 is a little too much. Anyone else?

Old 06-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well the helmet, is really selp preference and as far as teh clutch lever, They are amazing, it doesn't even feel like the clutch is there anymore.

Old 06-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

If you dont need goggles to wear with glasses I strongly reccomend Spy or Oakley goggles.

Helmets are a matter of personal preference. I wear a HJC clx-4 motocross helmet...

I would like to know how you like that inline cooler though..

No real opinion about everything else.

Old 06-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to give out my secrets and share my colors, but hey what the heck! I have the new Fullmer helmet that is really nice and it comes in a cool looking Orange pattern with black & silver metallic. It matches the Baja almost perfectly. They tend to range a step down in size though so if you normally were a large get an x-large. They are about $145.00. Good quality helmet! As for the jersey, I have The Baja DS team jersey from Bombardier. It is awesome looking and keeps you really cool. One problem though, if you use Quick snaps on your goggles keep them done up beause the velcro catches on the fabric and lints out your shirt real bad, PISSES ME OFFFF!!!! I would also like to know more about the clutch. Other than that, that's all I have to say.

Old 06-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Well as far as the clutch goes, here it goes. It comes with 3 settings, one which makes it harder, but makes the distance needed to pull it very short. The next one is the normal clutch pull. And last but not least the last one is very very easy, but you have to pull the lever nearly all the way to the handlebars. Hopw this helps and in my mind the super easy pull is worth it.

Old 06-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'm fixing to go order this stuff, so it will be in on time for me to go to Aledo, on the 29th, but here's my list

Orange Moose M1 Jersey
Orange Moose M1 Gloves
Scott Model 89 Orange Goggles
Pro-Design in-line coolant super cooler, anodized Red
Scott Hurricane Black full waffle handlebar grips
MSR Red clutch lever assembly
Two NGK spark plugs
Vega Chrome Helmet with Red Flames

Sound pretty good?

Old 06-18-2002, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, the list changed, as they were out of some stuff. The Clutch lever is black instead of red, the Coolant cooler is anodized gold, and I got spy Mx Orange/clear goggles.

Old 06-18-2002, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

Good choice on the goggles. You wont be disappointed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Allright already were do you find the water coolers and do you really need it and does it actually work?

Quick Reply: Clutch assembly, Handlebars, and a Helmet.......