CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wood vs. Pami

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002 | 12:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

Has anyone with a stage 3 Woods kit gone against a 703 or a 760?

Pami kits seem to be more popular on this forum but, who is running the Woods kits?

Can those of you with the Woods kits give some sort of comparison vs. other kits?

What issues have you had with your kit?

Thanks.

Old 06-20-2002 | 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have either, but will give you my thoughts anyway.

I think they both make quality products. I have heard different comments about how the wood kits just dont make the power that the pami kits do.

I have yet to see dyno's of either and until someone puts up some proof I am not a beleiver.

I think when I am ready to spend the money I am going to do a high compression piston, cams and the dual carb setup.

From everyone I have talked with to really get the power out of these things the dual carb setup is the best. I dont know if you went with a dual carb setup on a stock motor if it would really help or not though.

I hope someone will put up some proof of what they are saying about this topic.

Bat

Old 06-20-2002 | 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd like to see the dyno proof too. A long time ago when Dirtwheels had Knutz's 760 in an article, they said they were going to do a shootout between Pami and RWR. I hardly think this is fair though - RWR strived to offer the most performance from a stock bore, while Pami specializes in overbore. I doubt they do it anyway - they won't even do a pipe shootout.

Old 06-20-2002 | 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

I would go with the Ron-Pami kits,or the Team-Woods

Jeff

Old 06-20-2002 | 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well here is my opion just quickly the ron woods stage 111 with slight mods is as fast as any 703pami and i romp them. but the stroke on a 760 can not be replaced thats why jeff screams up the hills but on flat ground i know im not that far behind them.until we can get an amrican co to step up and stroke for us. pami will rule the hills.

ps before i get flamed {the sandpig 703 did beat me at 4 stroke wars by a bike lenth up comp.]but i don't want to talk about it.

ps; while un wrapping your new stage three kit throw the exhaust in the garbage and select one of the other fine manufature systems and you will not regrett it!!!

Old 06-20-2002 | 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

First off, I've never raced a stage3. But I can compare my 703 to a stage2. I used to have one. They both are fast but the 703 is faster no doubt. I've even raced others with stage2's and beat them.

On to AZSAND. You know I've never bragged about beating your bike because I know you had problems but please don't say a SLIGHTLY modded Woods bike will beat me. And you know I'm not an engine builder or a jerk so I really wouldn't care if I did get beat by one.

As far as dyno #'s go, I promised everyone I would dyno the 703 soon but it looks like I'll be selling my 45. I will be getting dyno/tunning work done at Trinity as soon as I get the dual 39's. I'll still have #'s for you but they may be a little misleading.

Old 06-20-2002 | 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

sorry vegas i corrected that i meant to say a moded RON WOODS STAGE THREE
and i know you have never spoke of our race.much appreciated.but others have brought it up and i figured i would catch it frist.

Old 06-21-2002 | 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

I think the 703 is a heck of a way to start...Shoot from there do some porting,bigger valves,dual carbs and your flying.
I think dollar for dollar the 703 is the way to go
Jeff

Old 06-21-2002 | 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Team Woods is a good concept...a great concept...SHHHHHH

Old 06-21-2002 | 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

I think the 703 is a great start also, but with all the questions about lost engines and whether or not someone else is a pami dealer and Dons problems. I am not willing to risk losing my engine or not having it for say 6 months.

If I were buying right now, it would have to be piston, cams and a dual carb setup. Ask majorecho about his.

Bat

Quick Reply: Wood vs. Pami