CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Assult on Aledo- THE RESULTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 11:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am tired so this is going to be short today. I will give the full story tommorow.

THE KING OF THE 660 and THE 300 FT DRAGS!

1.SMILING650manic (randy)
2.BADassbomb

I think Randy would have them covered at four stroke wars on MLK day.

We had over 85 quads at one point. I will go thru the list to see how many forum members were present. A good time was had by all. MANY,MANY fast raptors and bombs.The DS's put it on the raptors. (a couple anyway) We had 673 raptor on alcohol, 686 raptor, 686 on alky, raptors with piston/cams. All stages of DS and bores. I know we had more participation than a Four Stroke WARS. We need to chip in and send Randy and 14mins to represent TEXAS at FSW and bring the crown home to the LONE STAR STATE. It took alot of people to pull this off. I am tired and the full story will follow. Scooby was present and running.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to some of the many pictures that were taken on the 29th. Aledo dirt drag pics We all had a great time! Thanks Mark,Sue,Bob,Rod,Donna,Rex,Chris and everyone else!

Old 07-01-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

who had the most horsepower there? where there any 60+hp bikes there?

Old 07-01-2002, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Buttfungus- Great job on the pics!! Thanks. But you should have put mine on the cover! LOL . I am to tired to type the whole story tonight guys.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer

i think the dyno was way off, when i saw what randys 760 dynoed, i didnt even dyno mine. i know randys 760 puts out way more power then the dyno said.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

was it a dynojet dyno? if so those things are within 1 hp of any other dynojet dyno. dynos most of the time disappoint alot of people.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Hey everybody I had a great time this weekend and hope to someday meet up together again. Thanks 14mins for all the hard work that you did to make sure that this all this happened. It was great to finally meet all of you. Maybe we can do this more than once a year.

Thanks again,
Randy

Old 07-01-2002, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

<< i think the dyno was way off, when i saw what randys 760 dynoed, i didnt even dyno mine. i know randys 760 puts out way more power then the dyno said. >>

I put mine on Ohtons mobile dyno,and got a whopping 44 hp!...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Sounds like you guys had a blast!
Way to go Randy &amp; badassbomb!
I want to see video?

Jeff

Old 07-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey jeff i had a 49 hp run friday.thats still better than 44hp lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2002, 02:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Can't sleep until i share some of the info with you guys.

1. I would like to thank TRINITY RACING and Harry. Harry sent a Trinity raptor pipe for all to see and try out if anybody wanted to, and some t-shirts to give away. Most raptor owners that saw it agreed it is a sweet looking pipe. The DS guys hope the trinity pipe looks that nice.

2. The local yamaha and suzuki dealership (Longhorn powersports) for donating hats to give away.

3. Raptorrrc (Bob) without his help i could have not made this happen. We both worked all week getting it ready. His son Chris came down every afternnon to help the cause along.

4. Rodsquad- showed up a few days early to help with the mx track re construction also.

5. Buttfungus and wife, Donna, Lee (adams dad) and rex for all that did to help the event move smoothly and allow me to have a little fun also. And more that i will include in later post.

WHAT A TURNOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had the fast quads! I doubt that you will find a bigger and better group of fast quads anywhere. People made the trip from 11 or more hours away, not knowing what to really expect. 85 quads at one point, probably only 2 that were stock. A bayou 220 and a polaris. The mobile dyno was set up and running. It was a 6 month old dyno-jet. It gave out small numbers to all that used it equally. Piped and jetted DS ranged from 38 to 44 hp. A stage 2 dS ON ALKY with piston/cams roughly 46. My 686 ranged from 39.8 to 45 on 3 different exhaust combo's. The trinity pipe did not get run because of time issues. It is on my Quad now, and i LOVE the power and LOOKS. I will make a trip to the dyno and report back this week. Looks of tricked out quads! I like the looks of Badassbombs quad. I think it was a 720 on nos. Randy(maniac) is faster than all. Scooby makes the power but can not get the job done in 660 feet. Scooby made no dyno runs. Scooby made many passes down the strip. I did not see all but riders were telling me that he was around 50/50 on the win and losses. They all said he was bearing down fast at the end of the strip. Randy brought home the beacon in the 660 and 300 ft drags. Badbassbomb was 2nd in the 660. Raptorboy 673 was 3rd in the 660. My first race was against Badassbomb in the 660. I had him for the first 500 ft, then he flat sailed past me. Dam bombs!!! So my day was fried. Should have picked a easy one for the first race. lol The 300 ft racewas Randy 1st and my local ridding buddy Chris 2nd on a raptor. I meant to put Chris on my raptor for the races, but did get it done. I enjoyed talking to all that came and putting a face on the screen name. I wish that i had been able to run a race with everyone, but i had to many fires to keep going. I am going to make a few changes to the raptor but i doubt that randy or badassbomb have much to worry about. As i was laying down a few moments ago thinking about this.............I had a great time and EVERYONE that showed up was great. There were zero problems with this group and very little mess to clean up. Maybe a rematch can be arranged. lol
Thanks, Mark

Quick Reply: Assult on Aledo- THE RESULTS!!!