CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Little Sahara UT afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys check out this link

Utah trip

I will be right back

Old 07-03-2002, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks for posting the pics. It is too bad that we didn't get to ride together that much. Sunday it was just too hot and I felt like crap. We will have to meet up some other time and maybe get to ride a little more. Any luck with the carb? How about the NOS? I would really like to see that thing when it is running right. I think that the first thing I would do is get a carb mount filter from RW and go from there. Well keep us informed and good luck!!!

If any one in interested The pics are of DemonDS, DSDude, DSaholic in that order from left to right.

Old 07-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

WTH, why cant I get the lower picture to open? I right click it and select show picture and it still wont.

Old 07-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Trailblazer

Hey whats up! Had a great time last weekend. Glad we all had a chance to meet up. Hope we can meet up again sometime soon. I remove the vavle cover and checked the clearance on the valves. I found them to be too tight and i need to adjust them.

Old 07-08-2002, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Too tight huh? What was the measurements? Sure was weird how much of a difference there was between yours and Angry's quads. Hope it runs bettr after you get them adjusted.

Old 07-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I found it. Thought it would be burried by now.

Sandgod, thanks for the tour of LS. Twas a good ride saturday evening. We never did make it to the back side of Sand mountain. Wish we had. Somthing to look forward to the next time I make it there.

Who was it that asked me how fast my Raptor was in a drag race? That was fun, don't get to race alot of other people besides my brothers DS. Bought him some haulers when we stopped at Rocky Mountain on our way to St Anthonys, what a difference that made for his machine over his paddle masters.

As for the drags, The Z400 is fast and I saw it out front on one run and behind on others. As for angrys comment about those poor Raptors, I only saw 1 and it was mine and it was doing quite well. Found myself in front at the end a couple times and a couple legths behind a few others. Seems I recall after racing once, someone asked the guy on the DS if he won, he said no, the other guy said let me try and then we went a time or two. Sorry, don't remember everyones names. Its all good. I missed a shift a time or two and I know the first guy racing me missed a shift a time or two as well. It was a good time and look forward to another meeting.

Sandgod, thanks for the CamelBak. Came in handy there and on our second visit to St Anthonys as it was 100 degrees there thursday and friday. 11th-12th.

Old 07-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

You should have made it to the backside and rode the huge bowls behind Sand Mtn..... How did you like both place's??? The sand in Idaho is very soft. Did you find Choke Cherry Hill? We saw a stock Z get up it. WOW!!! The heavy artillary comes out on Labor Day for KOTH in Utah. Might take the Dale up the "Face" to get a mph...

Old 07-14-2002, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sandgod,

heres some videos for ya of St Anthonys. Haven't gotten around to the LS ones yet but I will. Yes we should have gotten to the backside of Sand mountain. I regret not doing that. Because of that St Anthonys is my Favorite. What an awsome place to ride. Yes we found every named dune and bowl there I believe. Made it up Choke Cherry as you'll see in the videos. My 11 year old son did as well and my brothers DS had no problems making it with the new haulers. You can see the camelbak on my sons back in his videos up the hill. What a great time and both places are great places to ride. Thanks again.

St Anthonys Videos