CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Little Sahara UT afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I first want to say thank you for a great time. It was a pleasure to get to meet all of you. Saturday morning/afternoon big time sucked as it was so windy. The Mtn is awesome, it's steep and tall no doubt about it. I would say it is very comperble to Sand Mtn. NV although maybe not as tall it is steeper with the face being as steeps as NV's wall and the fingers are even steeper. The bowls on the back side are very tight together and huge. Out of my riding ability for sure. Then you have the rest of the dunes that stretch for miles and miles. The view from on top of the Mtn is amazing. I actually liked riding the other dune areas by Oasis much better than the Mtn itself. Overall size of totall riding area and camping facilities are far greater than that of SM.NV. The only draw back is you couldn't "circle the wagons" like we did in NV. I woud say Sand Mtn. NV for DS Days 2002 (oops did I actually type that LOL) and Little Sahara UT 2003. From what everyone there was saying though St. Anthony's is still THE premeir riding area. Again another great tripp and meeting ALOT of people from the forum and I am still to meet anyone from here that is not awesome person. I look forward to riding with any of you again and I hope everyone made it home safely.

Old 07-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Demon, glad you had a good time. When the wind kicks up it does suck that is for sure.

How was the temp. I am debating going down for a little trip over the 4th, kind of a last minute thing. But the temp thing keeps going through my mind.

Bat

Old 07-01-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Demon did I ride w/ you?? I didn't know some of the guys on the Ds's. I took a group of eight across the whole Sand Mtn ridge line. I was on the C-Dale....

Old 07-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Bat, It was hot as hell, but I am still alive. The best riding was in the evenings and probably in the early mornings but I couldn't make myself wake up for them LOL.

Sandgod, LOL yep you rode with me. I really enjoyed the ride you were so kind to lead us all on. I was the slow poke on the all black DS that did all the drag racing after the ride with wshrdskin and Angry's baja. I raced you a few times when you were on both the Cannondale and the Z400 (which was suprisingly fast). Sorry we didn't get better introduced.

Old 07-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey! sorry it took so long for me to reply. I had a pretty good time out there with all you guy's, it was a lot of fun. I have to agree with Demon on the Little Sahara it is vast but it doesn't compare to St. Anthony. Hey Bat, the heat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as long as you keep moving it is ok, ans as long as the wind is blowing. Did you guy's have a lot of fun on Sunday? And did DS Dude get his Baja running any better? That Demon has a pretty fast DS, and DS aholic is right there with it! I think when you guys get yor new Sand Tires you will kick even more butt! Those poor Raptors Didn't stand a chance though did they! Hey Demon! I think Disturbed 660 better watch out and swing by the bank, because he is soon to be A few hundred buck's more in the poor house! LOL. I resally would have like to se DSa air it out a bit more but I don't blame him for not wanting to damage his borrowed shock. Oh By the wy how ws your suspension doing on Sunday? Anyway got to go now, It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I thank you for all your hospitality. Signed, The not so Angry Baja Boy!

Old 07-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I too had a lot of fun over the weekend. The best part was drag racing sat down at the mountain. I really was impressed with angry's baja that thing can really move. My buddie that has a fast banshee even said that he now has new found respect for ds's after seeing all of ours this weekend. The suspention seemed to be much better but we didn't ride much sunday it was just too hot and I was getting dehidrated. It will be interesting to see the race on the 13th, I will be heading up with demon to add a little ds support. Heck I might even clean up the left overs after demon takes care of him just to add insult to injury and put disturbed in his place. LOL. I got my new shocks in the mail yesterday so now all I need is that A arms to finish the setup. I should see them in about two weeks. You will have to ride with us again when I can really air it out!!! Later

Old 07-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good to me! I wish I could be up there for that race. Well depending on how work goes I would like to hook up with all of you guy's in August to go to St. Anthony's and I will take you back over to Choke Cherry and Devil's. But I think I am going to wicked busy until January. Planing a trip down to Glamis though sometime in October, so If you guy's like come on down and we will have a good time! Remember!, "I'll Be Back!!"

Old 07-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good to me. We are trying to plan a trip up the St. A around the end on august. So if you can make it that would be great. It sounds like the dunes in WY are a little more open and there is more space to get some speed. I always like to find new places to ride so it should be a lot of fun.

Old 07-02-2002, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

End of Aug for a ST. A's trip sounds good to me. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler up there.
It was great to meet everyone I was able to, catch the guys I missed on the next go round.- sorry I had to bail so soon, sounds like the best riding happened after I left.
later

Old 07-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Well DSdudes machine didn't get running any better unfortunatly but he did get in some riding on Sunday. It was to bad he and Major didn't get to make the trip with Sandgod Sat night, that was a heck of alot of fun and then the draggs were really fun. I was very impressed with DSa's Paddle Brat tires. I think they are faster than what youd think because I dont think he would be that close to me at Knolls as he was on the sand. I noticed they are actually quite a bit taller than my Skates. Angry's quad with that 45MM ran very well and was impressively fast. Major's quad did not disappoint either, I wont talk it up to much because he would kill me but the quad is an awesome ride and he is a very talented rider as well. I felt bad because I know I dont have the skills these guys do and held them back. The only place I could hang was the draggs and even then I was showed a new technique that was very fast. Put it this way with the guy running regular starts on Angry's Baja, I could just slightly pull it. Doing the new tech. the same guy would get me by about 3 lengths and it would stay that way. Sorry I wont spill the beans till after the race on the 13th. Hopefully I can get it down before then, although I do think the tires had to do something with it beeing possible(those that were there know what I am talking about).

The dunes in Wyoming are more open and stuff but they are steep and very few bowls but plenty of hills and such to play on and the flat I have in mind to race is close to the same length we were running Saturday. Now if I can just get that jetting spot on again??? By the way it still had a rich reading on the new pluggs SHEEZ.

OH YAH!!! PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO KEEP THAT SOB AIR/FUEL MIX SCREW TO STAY ADJUSTED? I need to be able to adjust it still but not have it back out like it does now.

Quick Reply: Little Sahara UT afterthoughts