CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marky,
Sounds like fun...
I dont have your # anymore....send it to me in a pm
I am leaning towards the Spinreel camp area right now,I plan on trying to make reservations Monday.
Look forward to ripping it up with you guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

jeff

Old 07-12-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffnrivercity

You better reservations right now! and there very limit space available at Spinreel, you might have better luck at Horsefall, Maybe. These are taken months ago.
All I gotta say good luck.....

Bill

Old 07-13-2002, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

<< Hey all, i just got back from being at the oregon dunes for 8 days!!!! We stayed at spinreel campground. Only thing they have there is water spickets but at there is a dump place about 5 miles up the road, we just hooked up and pulled our trailer up there to dump. Spinreel is the nicest campground you can dune from that i have ever stayed at. Your family would love it. There is a creek, trees, grass, etc, just like a regular campground. Only $15 a night. You can reserve a space online too. www.reserveusa.com i think is the site. Jeff, PM me on the best spots to reserve [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] dont want to give out all our secrets. We go there for every fourth of july for a week atleast. It is also very quiet there because you go about 100 yards on pavement to get to the sand road that takes your out to the dunes. Its the only campground my mom will actually go to where we can ride the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] From here you can access a huge area of dunes, ride 14 miles of ocean beach and ride the sand roads through the trees. Damn, now i am having withdrawals already and we wont be back up there for another year. Sean >>

During the off season for camping, October 1st through April 30th, Honeyman State Park just out of Florence is a great place to stay and ride. http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_134.php Dune access is allowed during those months out of the 'H' section of the campground. Full hook ups are $16 per night or you can rent a Yurt for $27 per night if you dont have a tent. Fall of the year on the Oregon coast can be pretty nice.

Old 07-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Range Rover

There' a few of us coming down to Reedsport on sept long weekend for a week or so. Couple ds's, raptor ,some bikes and what ever else we can jam in our rigs. Lookin to hook up ....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Domi,
Hope to see ya there!
I didn't relize you need to book reservations sofar in advance to get a camp site(my bad).......geeze! Everything sofar that I have checked is booked![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I dont mind just pulling off into the sand somewhere,I guess thats what I will be looking for next.Unless I can come up with a campground spacesomewhere...(need 4 I think)
Jeff

Old 07-13-2002, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

jeff. Only the second loop of spinreel is able to be reserved. We didnt have a reservation and pulled in there on july 1st and found a spot in the first loop where its first come, first serve. So just drive through there and you should be able to find a spot. Sean

Old 07-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Jetsnow,
I hope your right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hows the cart coming?

Jeff

Old 07-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

cart is coming along great, its innagural trip will probably be our get together on labor day sand mtn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Its all apart now, we got some coilover shocks for the rear, trying to find some for the front now. Getting either the titan 489 or dirt devil tires and the offset aluminum wheels, they sure are expensive too, $420. We are going to be painting it DS yellow, with all the underneath black and we are going to have the bed of it rhino lined. My dad is out stripping the old paint off it as we speak and we will probably primer it this afternoon and then paint it tomorrow, hopefully it will look good. We are going to have a bunch of parts chromed on it too, lol. Where did you get your roll bar? we want to get one made. Sean

Old 07-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

JetSnow,
Me and Nick built our roll cage...
You should look up Bell offroad in AZ. they have the dirt devils w/wheels alot cheaper, I think then that.Talk to Ken,he has roll cages too.

Jeff

Bell Offroad