CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am heading up July 25th
Just wanted your guys thoughts on some of the best places to ride and camp...The wife would love full hook ups and the beach or trees close by,but I would sacrafice the full hook ups for better riding.
Thanx
Jeff

Old 07-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff..Winchester bay is right in between florence and horse fall the best riding areas in oregon. discovery point is a riders camp it has full hook up and you ride right out of camp. The other place i would recomend would be at drift wood 2 at the florence sand dunes. It dose not have full hook but you can ride right out of camp. florence,winchester bay,horese falls, are all with in 25 miles from each other. Winchester bay is the only place were you cant ride on the beach.

Old 07-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

The other place you can ride from your camp site that have full hook up is at KOA campground.
Which is north of Northbend. I believe the place call Hauser area. I think you would find the infor from the website of KOA. WWW.KOA.com and you will find it.

Good luck and have fun there.....

Old 07-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good sofar,looks like the choices are endless.
Sand45,you going to around to tear it up...Or Marky?
Jeff

Old 07-05-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

jeff...you bet. We will give you the grand tour!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2002, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Jeffnrivercity

How long are you planing to stay at Oregon dune?

You don't want to miss the dune fest that will held on Aug 2,3,and 4th. It like the glamis party place that will held on Winchester bay, They will have sanddrag, who know what they will have this yr?
2yr ago they had motocross course for the quad. Last yr they didn't due ?

Just asking.....
Bill

Old 07-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

desracers,
I plan to be up there around 5 days.
I know I will miss all the action [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but being the first trip up...family and all,wife doesn't like the huge crowds.
Plus August will be a busy month for me.

Jeff

Old 07-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hay Sand, check your PMs if there is nothing there let me know so I can re-write
Thanks
Jeff

Old 07-07-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

JSsds....I was out of town for a few days. I dint get any type of PM from you? please re-write. I was GONE FISHING!! ye ha cought a 24 inch german brown. Thats better than nothing considering i was there for three days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all, i just got back from being at the oregon dunes for 8 days!!!! We stayed at spinreel campground. Only thing they have there is water spickets but at there is a dump place about 5 miles up the road, we just hooked up and pulled our trailer up there to dump. Spinreel is the nicest campground you can dune from that i have ever stayed at. Your family would love it. There is a creek, trees, grass, etc, just like a regular campground. Only $15 a night. You can reserve a space online too. www.reserveusa.com i think is the site. Jeff, PM me on the best spots to reserve [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] dont want to give out all our secrets. We go there for every fourth of july for a week atleast. It is also very quiet there because you go about 100 yards on pavement to get to the sand road that takes your out to the dunes. Its the only campground my mom will actually go to where we can ride the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] From here you can access a huge area of dunes, ride 14 miles of ocean beach and ride the sand roads through the trees. Damn, now i am having withdrawals already and we wont be back up there for another year. Sean

Quick Reply: Oregon dunes?