CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hey DS guys how about a little FourStrokeWars on Labor day weekend and SilverLake???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that this Labor Day is going to be that bad since it falls on a monday this year. We had no problem getting a cabin at Silver Hills. I remember trying to book something for the 4th of July and you have to plan a year or two in advance!

Silver Lake uses the voucher system now, so it helps reduce the number of atvs on the dunes. Ya just have to get up early and get in line for a voucher.

We'll be up there Aug 29th, 30th, 31st, and leaving the Sept 1st.

You're all welcome to attend. The more the merrier!

Remember if you plan to come...new rules in affect this year...you MUST have a spark arrestor (they'll check).

Hope to see you there!

Old 07-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

eRaptoid,

Dam, I was hoping you could find a way to make it up there (SL), but if duty calls then?

Get off your A$$e$ Yamaha and mfg those freakin parts, it's your dam fault in the first place. You get all of our money twice ya thievin bastards!

Donor, I hope you get that 760 back together soon enough, but if not, we will have to make another attempt once you do. OK?
Swy

Old 07-11-2002, 06:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can't go afterall - gotta work to cover a guy that had a heart-attack and will be off for a while....bummer, I was really looking forward to it. Maybe next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Damn, seems like a lot of bad luck going around. Anyone else planning on going? If so you should make reservations asap.

It should be a blast. Hope to see you there.

Old 07-24-2002, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

OK, Bomb riders!

I will be there FOR SURE on Saturday, August 31 at 7:00am and ready!!!

With Organ looking like he will not be ready to bring his DS, Michigan is going to fall claim to the Yamaha group.

Looks like Yamah will gain a Midwest state fairly easily, unless one of you steps up and makes this competitive!

No high strung DS's in the Midwest interested? SCEEERED?

Yea, I'm callin ya out now.

Old 07-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

swytak- Looks like easy pickins for you. The raptor 80 might be all that is needed for what looks to be coming. I have not been impressed with the ron woods stuff. The 760 is strong!!! I think a few have gotten the r/w stuff to go fast. (dsmike, AZSAND) I have seen some piped/jetted raptors out run the ron woods stuff.

Old 07-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEY BOMB Guys, there is a Raptor guy calling us out, and the only reply is from another raptor guy! Is there no fast ds's that can be at SilverLake Labor Day? We can't let the Raptors take that state! I will be there with my ds as long as it is back, or I will have to try to whip them on a stock 400ex!

Old 07-24-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys~
The problem is that there aren't that many DS's in the midwest! I've seen about 5 other DS's and atleast 20 Raptors on the trails around Wisconsin. I do know though that I have never been beat dragging a Raptor![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Don't tell me my DS with a modded endcap is the fastest 4 stroke in Wisconsin! Seriously, I would love to get out to Silver Lake for Labor Day, but school and money just won't let that happen. Also, I don't think I'd fair so well against the 686 Raptors! Don't you think we could let the Raptor boys take one state just so they won't start crying![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

14 mins,
Maybe I should just not bring the Craptor and instead bring my Ole' BIG RED 3-wheeler. Maybe I'll run my kids big wheel.

It's funny, the only Ds rider willing to step up early in this post and even he (Hightower) found a way to get out of gettin whooped! LOL-sorry Hightower, couldn't resist.
Seems everybody has an excuse. hehe.

I guess I will get to be the 4-stroke bully, kickin sand in all the other 4-stroker riders faces..........LMAO

All this talk of fast DS's and not one of them is close enough to make the SL trip, hmmm....... What do I have to do to get a shot at one these Ds's? Drive half way across the country, or what?

Old 07-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

swytak- I think only 4 ds760's exist. I paid knutz $$$$ to make the others dissapear. (see missing motor post) Those 760's are fast. For 7000 they should be. 7000 IS A LARGE ENOUGH NUMBER to keep most guys away thankfully. That way us 686 raptor owners can say we can beat all but 4 Ds's.

Quick Reply: Hey DS guys how about a little FourStrokeWars on Labor day weekend and SilverLake???