CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hey DS guys how about a little FourStrokeWars on Labor day weekend and SilverLake???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gus out west are having a blast with the turnout of fourstroke thumpers and dragging and bragging. I would love to get something going for us in our part of the woods! What do you guys say???? Have a little fourstrokewars of our own???? I know I will be there with my Craptor as you guys say! Lets see how those bulletproof Ds's hold their own to my Craptor!

Old 07-09-2002, 05:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You're not a Craptor anymore - you already got your new gears!!

On Extreme Garage Forum, there is a plan forming for a similiar gathering that is taking place on the last weekend of August, right before labor day. Quite a few DS's will be there, myself included, so if you're there we'd be glad to race! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

i dont know if you have ever been to silver lake on a holiday weekend or not but it is really busy. so if you think that your going to have a "four stroke war" and that the two strokes are just going to part the drag strip for you it's not going to happen. it a good idea but you might want to try a non-holiday weekend.
But my really question is if four strokes are so great why do you just want to race four strokes aare you a little scared or just admitting defeat to the two strokes?
(just a question in fun not trying to curl any azz hairs)

Old 07-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

No that is not the case at all! See when us fourstrokers race and someone loses we talk about the machines see what's done to them and have fun. When the two stroke guys get beat by thumpers they get sooooo pissed off it ruins the whole lets all get together and have a good time vibe!

Old 07-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raptors and DS's are in a class all their own - some other bikes are faster, and some slower, but these two bikes are so closely matched in bore and stroke that its a lot of fun to see who takes theirs the farthest. Its no offense against 2-stokes, I mean I'm sure you like to run other R's and Banshees to get a better comparison of how much you got outa your mods, right?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
But hey, we like to look back at the oil burners too, and hope we're far enough ahead to not have to smell you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Juice, you know I am going to do everything in my power to be there, my motor is done and I'm just waiting on the carbs.

Hightower, it looks like we will be meeting for the first time in August, I look forward to that. Is eRaptoid going to be back in action by then? I hope so.

Who's bringing a 760? anyone? ]

Swy

Old 07-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

swytak - I doubt eRAPTOID will be there in august, although I'm pretty sure his bike will be back together by then. He has to work that weekend. All of us buddies in my area are planning on another trip in September though - 17-19, so come again if you want some of him.
I'm probably driving up by myself, can't get anybody to join me, but I don't wanna miss it!

yeah - 727 vs. 760 would be sweet!

Old 07-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

If my motor is done in time, which I highly doubt, I'll have a 760 with a large valve head, MSD ignition, race 2 cams, and duel 39 mm carbs. It's looking like this will drag out till fall though.

Old 07-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey swy,

I am in the same boat you are I am waiting on my carb too. I talked to carb parts warehouse and they are expecting that everyone that is on backorder is going to get them by this weekend or the beginning of next weekend. I know that some of you ds guys are built that live by silverlake why don't you guys spread your wings out against some competition!

Old 07-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Swytak, I sure hope to be up and running by next weekend. We have EVERYTHING cleaned up and ready to be put back together. I even bought a set of Stainless Steel allen bolts for the Raptor motor (off ebay) for when we put it back together. The JE 11:1 and the Hotcam Stage 1 is ready to go in as well. Just waiting on 3 parts still, to be released somewhere around the 12th of July.

I unfortunately will not be there in Aug. as Hitower mentioned...I have to work that weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I do fully intend on being there in September (17-19) though! My sh_t broke down right there on the dragstrip (beachfront), and I plan on picking up exactly where I left off!! Ya know what I mean Vern???

Hitower, I did not know you were planning a trip in Aug. I wish you better luck than my last visit!

Quick Reply: Hey DS guys how about a little FourStrokeWars on Labor day weekend and SilverLake???