CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rubicon ou a Traxter XT

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wan a Rubicon ou a Traxter XT. I ride roads bog and i will pull logs, what should i get.

Old 07-23-2002, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

I noticed you put this posting in both the honda and bombardier forums, let me save ya some work: The honda guys will say Rubicon, The Bombardier guys will say traxter, and someone from the yamaha forum will jump in and tell you to get a Grizzly, which will tick off someone from the Kawi Forum, and a huge debate will ensue between the P650 and the Grizz owners, which attracts Sportsman 700 owners like blood in the water and they will add their 2 cents worth! This all ends up fun to read but does not answer your question. So Here Goes! I have personally owned a Traxter and I currently work at a Honda dealer, so I am not bashing. The traxter is a far better work machine and out pulls any other machine out there. BUT expensive to fix if it breaks BUT comes with a three year warranty. The Honda has a SLICK tranny, but so-so 4X4, drum brakes, and is a little underpowered. At the risk of sounding disloyal.............Get the Traxter. Mine never let me down, and as far as Utility use goes: it was better than my current bike (02 Grizz) but heavy and not real fast.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

The traxter isnt fast but it isnt slow.

I love gears and a bike with gears is 3 times more reliable then a belt drive. The traxter doesnt accelerate quite as fast as most 500cc bikes and definitly not as fast as a P650 but it will top out pretty fast. On flat ground it will get around 90km and if your going down hill its possible to get over 115km. But lets not kid our selfs it takes a long down hill decent to do it.

As for the ride it is very smooth, the engine and fit and finish on the traxter is probably better then all the other manufactors of work bikes. This is what i have come to know from bombardier.

But the one thing that truly makes getting the traxter worth it is the strength and durability of this atv. It is built like a tank and does not have the skimpy parts that yamaha and honda and most other manufactors have. The profe is in the weight. It doesnt weight more because of bad designing. It weighs more because of the quality of parts used. This is comming from a pure yamaha owner who is slowly everyday changing to bombardier.

I had a traxtor but traded to a quest 650. BOth are amazing bikes and had zero problems with them during my first 5000km. The traxter i traded had 13000km on it with zero trouble except for a quick computer adjustmet at the dealer.

The new traxter xt has auto shifting as well as manual which makes it a better package and with the larger fuel tank, brighter lights, Heavier build i think you would enjoy it. It pulls the crap out of anything.

Take care. All the best.

Old 07-23-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

<< huge debate will ensue between the P650 and the Grizz owners, which attracts Sportsman 700 owners like blood in the water and they will add their 2 cents worth! >>

Ryguy660, that's funny. You're right, seems like 4x4 debates usually end up being word battles between 660 and P650 owners.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

I dont know why. IMO the quest blows them both out of the water.

If you want a sport bike get a sport bike.

If you want a utility bike get a utility bike.

Sport utilities like the grissly 660 are built weak so there light and feel sporty. Mine is absoluty falling apart and same with my friends. It is turning me of yamaha real quick. Yamaha should bring back bikes like the Kodiak 400 of 1999. There last good util bike.

Old 07-24-2002, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

ALLAIN: I would agree with MAR and RYGUY660 in recommending the TraxterXT. If you prefer an auto, go with the Quest.

MAR: Good to hear about your experiences with both the Traxter and the Quest. Just wondering, what year is your Quest and how many KM's do you have on it?

Cheers,

Old 07-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

I've always been under the belief that honda is the most reliable....when bombardier started out in the quad industry i was quite sure that they would produce a good machine, (as most of their products are incredible) and i did consider purchasing one...but i decided that i should wait a couple of years to see if bombardier can prove itself....and i think they have...i think ALL the brands outperform honda in speed, pulling, comfort, mudding and just about every category, but that bombardier is the only other brand that may be very very close in the reliability department...that just might be enough to make my next quad a bomb....that 3-year warranty is very enticing as well....they wouldn't have that if their products were unreliable...bombardier has been in the business too long to do something stupid like that...if i were you, i think i would go bombardier.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

It is a 2002 Quest XT yellow. I got about 5400km on it but not sure. Its definitly over 5000.

My DS650 and Quest and previously owned traxter have never had a problem. There unbelivable. I drive the crap out to them and they just take it.

I only owned 2 high milage bikes. A 1996 yamaha kodiak 400 and a Traxter XT. The kodiak was flawless and at 10000km it was time to go. It burned a little oil, the tranny was slipping a little and i felt satisfied with the bike. It was around that time when I saw the new bombardier traxter xt so i took a chance with bombardier.

The traxter was great. The handshifting was neat but i would still say i prefure the foot shifter just a little. Anyway. The traxter did anything i wanted. I never worried about over reving because of the revlimiter. Anyway i got to 10000km real quick. I lent it out to friends, My dad used it for hunting, i used it for cruises and the km just piled on. When it was at 10000 i was sceptical but it still ran mint. Anyway i continued to ride it untill the new quest 650 came out. So i traded. Like i mentioned before the traxter had 13000km on it and still ran like the day i picked it up. My favorite part of the bike was the amazing brembo brakes. They worked amazing and allways have good pedel feel. This bike rules the mud. I read a few mags that said the grissly and p650 were better. HAHAHA. The quest/traxter simply does not stop in mud. Enough said.

Seeing bombardier put the 3 year warrenty doesnt supprize me. Most of there problems are fixed just buy hooking up to a computer. Same on my ds. I never had a component failure and compaired to a raptor it is built way better with stonger suspention and greese fittings. Not to mention the 530 chain used on superbikes compaired to the raptors 520 which resembles a pedle bike chain.

Go with bombardier you wont be sorry.

Old 07-25-2002, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I ride a DS, grew up on Hondas and still have one, but for utiility - when it comes to work like you mentioned - I'll stick with Arctic Cat. I've ridden all of them, and spent much time on them all, as well as working on them all.
The Cat is extrememly dependable, available in manual or Auto, with your choice of suspension systems. Their auto transmitions have always been given extrememly good reviews for being water tight. When it comes to maintenance - nothing is easier to work on than a Cat. When it comes time to adjust valves for example - you can get to and remove the valve cover on top of the head within minutes. Its that convenient, the tank comes of in seconds, and the head is right below it.
This company really thought about simplicity at its finest, and its reflected every time I take a wrench to these bikes. Its a real workhorse, and has more rack capacity and towing capacity than all the rest.
I use mine for Duck hunting in flooded timber and Cypress swamps, cutting firewood, hauling and towing, camping, etc., and it has never let me down.

Old 07-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

I dont know about that. The Bombardier traxter once the seat is of gives you full access to the engine. No frames in the way. It has to be the easiest bike to work on. In my whole traxter ownership experiance i never touched the valve lash and on the quest you never have to because its SOHC.

Quick Reply: Rubicon ou a Traxter XT