CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

traxter max

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this Traxter max is like a traxter 500 with a passenger seat? Is Artic cat coming out with something like this also? Any one actually interested in this machine???
trevin

Old 07-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, Cat's doing it too. I think they're for targeting the people that tour on 2-up snow mobiles, something for couples to tour on in the off season when there is no snow.
Also be good for Gramma and Granpa to go shroom huntin' on....
Also be good for a pair of cowhands to run fencelines on I guess - if you like being close to you bunkbuddy...

Old 11-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default traxter max

I was interested enough to buy one the day the dealership got it. I like the idea of me and the wife or me and my son (or all 3 of us)getting on and going wherever we want. I took it to the Hatfield-McCoy trails in West Virginia and my Traxter Max really amazed me. I haven't even really broke it in yet, and I put about 85 miles of all kind of riding from very steep rocky rough terrain to mud holes and the Traxter Max had no problems with any of it. It was a comfortable ride and all the power I wanted. I actually got it up to about 58 mph on the open road (the town of Man West Virginia allows you to ride your ATV in town on the streets). It doesn't matter whether you have someone on the back or not, this machine is very stable. I love the 8 gallon dry storage tank and the 5.3 gallon gas tank (over the front tires for added weight in the front end for hill climbing) I really looked at all the ATV's in the market and did the pro's and con's about each and came back to the Bombardier Traxter MAx every time. I know all you Honda owners will say, what about the reliability history, and my answer is 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Companies don't give warranties like that on products they plan on spending a fortune fixing.

Old 11-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default traxter max

Well its good to hear that! Do you find that the little bit more of inches in length bothers you? Do you just ride the trails or work, hunt ect? keep us updated!

Old 11-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default traxter max

The added 10 inches makes it a little difficult to manuever on switch backs but all I did was put it in reverse, back up a foot and continue on. I will say it has a much larger turning radius, and you have to adjust for it but nothing that a little bit of backing up won't fix.

Old 11-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default traxter max

I see. Are you planning on putting any parts bumbers, tires ect?

Old 11-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default traxter max

The only things I plan on adding is handguards and hand warmers. I'd also like an affordable winch just in case I ever need it.

Old 11-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Range Rover
Default traxter max

Gundish,

Congratulations on the MAX!

With regards to the winch, the Warn 2000# that comes with the XT's is barely adequate to handle the weight of the Quest/Traxter/MAX - I upgraded my 03 Quest to the Warn 2500# winch and it works much better. Just somthing to keep in mind when selecting your winch.

Cheers,

Old 11-13-2002, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default traxter max

Thanks for the info, but I did say affordable...hahaha. The warn seems to be pricey. How do you like your quests?

Old 11-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Range Rover
Default traxter max

lol! ya, sorry ~ "affordable" and "warn winch" really don't belong in the same sentence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There are some other options - I think "Super" and "Ramsey" winches are a little less costly, and you can always find used winches (where people are replacing their 2000# and 2500# winches with larger ones). Anyway, just something to keep an eye on.

As for the Quests, I just love them - they are great machines. I purchased the 02 in September 2001 and then the 03 this past September.

So what are your initial impressions of the MAX? you took it on a great trail for the break-in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's great that you can ride with your family - that's why we ended up getting the second Quest, my wife loves riding and we wanted to be able to ride together...it's a great activity that we can do, and enjoy, together. We also like to use the quads for back country camping here in Alberta and British Columbia.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: traxter max