CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rage'n toy hauler

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have one? The wife and I have been looking this weekend. We don't need anything really big so we're looking at the 21g. Do any of you have one, if so how much do you get it for out the door? Also what is the insurance on them? Can you right it off on your taxes as a second home?

Old 08-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Can't help on some of your questions but this one I can,

For the intrest to be written off what ever it is, trailer, boat, house. You have to be able to Cook, Sleep, and use the bathroom in it.

Sold alot of boats like that.

Smitty

Old 08-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

What size are you looking at? I just bought a 2002 26ft serria sport. The insurance is pretty reasonable for them infact it is real cheep. The intrest is tax deductable. I got mine for 20500 OTD with a Equlizer hitch. I got a real good deal beacuse it was a 2002 and the 2003's were coming in and they wanted to get rid of it plus it didn't hurt that I was good friends with the sales man. Any way they are awsome once you get one you will wonder why you ever slept in a tent. There is nothing like getting up in the am in the middle of the desert taking a nice hot shower and then drinking a hot cup of coffee while you watch the sun come up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Smitty, thanks for the info

DS Aholic, I'm looking at getting something small. My wife doesn't have a bike and isn't interested in getting one, and my daughter is only 6 months old. So with that being said the only bikes we'll be hauling is my DS and my son's 90. We are looking at the rage'n 21g, it's a 21' but the master bed folds open in the front so that extends the living space. It sleeps 6, has oven, micro, shower, toilet, tv hook ups, stereo, cd, ac, heat, and 18 gallon fueling station. Only thing it doesn't have is a generator. Anyway, I've got the guy down to $14500.00 so far, he was following me to my car going "what's your magic #, we'll do what ever it takes". So I'm hoping to get out the door for that price. What do you guys think? Is it a good deal?

Also, I got to make sure that I can pull it with my Expedition.

Old 08-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

i would look at the dunes or baja size trailers. you can them them for cheaper than that ragen and they are nice. We got our 24' dunes trailer for 14,500 otd and that is including all the CA sales tax and crap. We will be selling our dunes soon to get a bigger toy hauler too. Sean

Old 08-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

My buddy just bought a 21ft Rage'n about 3 months ago. It was used, but he had been looking at the new ones. He said the new ones were about $20k out the door with generator and pumping station. He got his used for $11,000 without the pumping station and with a external generator. The guy before only used it 5 or 6 times. It is built real nice. He is pretty happy with it.

I bought my 1998 21 ft Salem Toyhauler two years ago for $7000. The couple was getting a divorce and that is all they owed on it at the time. I love that thing.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure you can tow it with an expedition. I know you are looking at the smaller ones, and I dont know what they weigh. But the larger ones are heavy. I have a 28' desert fox, I love it. Buying the camper has been great. I have had it since memorial day and used it 5 times. Will be using it quite a bit this fall.

The price seems to be a great one. I dont know what the ragen goes for, never looked at them. But that price is good. I paid about 21000 for mine otd. But it does have the gen, which is about a 3000 dollar option. I really like having the gen by the way.

I think mine weighs in about 6500-7000 pounds unloaded. So you need to see what they weigh and then add in what you will be loading and decide if the expedition can handle it. I bought an f250 before I bought my camper with the plans to eventually get one.

Oh, sorry for writing a book here, but one more thing crossed my mind. You might think about getting a bigger one. A lot of people I have talked to say they wish they had bought bigger the first time, most end up trading to a bigger one in a couple of years. Just something to think about.

My 2 cents
Bat

Old 08-12-2002, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I've been looking into the towing thing. I have talked to the dealer and they are going to throw in the stabilizers, equilizers, and hook up the trailer brakes.

From what I've seen the Expedition can haul 7900, I have a guy at work with the same truck that hauls 3 horses, well over 5k lbs. The trailer that I'm going to get is 4730 dry, I figure another 1k loaded up I should be good to go.

As far as bigger is concerned, I think that this one will last quite a while, besides anything bigger and I'll have to go and get the Excursion. Funds will be to low to continue to mod the DS. Don't want to do that.

Just got off the phone with them, they're at $15685.00 OTD with the tow package installed.

Old 08-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

is that with a gen? IM THINKING OF SHRINKING THIS YEAR.

Old 08-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey az, if u r looking for a toyhauler, look at the "extreme" by kit. They are the nicest on the market now, nicer than the ww's. Built in ice makers, ceiling fans, walkie talkies, the 03's have the built in gens, and the 02's have the place for the portable ones.

Quick Reply: rage'n toy hauler