CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

OHHHH man, this doesn't look good!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to put back on my carburator(stock) when I was playing with the needle slide, it was sticking. I thought well I will polish it up and all should be good. Well I pulled off the top cover and the diaphram and needle/slide, and the top of the carb....WAS FULL OF SAND!!! This is going to be a real cleanup job now!! I am just hoping that not to much was sucked into my motor. That would really suck!!! It was running good though right before the carb came off, so I am optomistic about that. I think this couls also explain why I was having problems with the quad on my last ride, I was going up some steep hills and stuff and it would hardly run after hitting a bump. I wonder if the slide was sticking open? My pluggs were pure black.

Old 08-16-2002, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

man, i feel really bad for you, i really hope it didn't do 2 much damage

Old 08-16-2002, 02:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Demon,

Do you have a filter on the clear hose that is attached to the top of the carb? I ran mine without a filter for a day(the cheap filter from autoZone fell apart) and thier was alot of sand ON-TOP of the diaphram. The good news is the sand can only get into your motor through the choke. So if your choke is closed you should be safe(I was). Its been months and NO problems. THANK YOU LORD!!!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-16-2002, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Demon,
I had the same thing happen to my Baja..It was a good thing I had an extra carb...Didn't I give you some nylons to cover that hose?

Jeff

Old 08-16-2002, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Demon,
I told you not to mess with me haha...hey man if you need another carb or something i will hook ya ^ wit one aight??but you no ur not supposed to mess with me im gonna get them wings somehow or another they are CLEAN!!!dont say nothin about what the wings are ok??lol let ppl be suprised haha..
Tate

Old 08-16-2002, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

haha sucka!!!

when did this happen???
man stay away from them raptor's and u won't get blasted w/ a roost all the time... thats y u got sand in ur carbs!!!
lol

Old 08-16-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Disturbed,
STFU dude and take ur pos craptor outta the Bomb forums and hang out in the yammi forums like you should...and ya no he didnt get roosted by any raptors or anything cause ya no ppl get sand in there carbs so stfu and leave the bomb forums cause you know ppl get fed up with your crap....
Tate

Old 08-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

there are two holes that go up the center of the slide for vacuum supply and sand might be able to get into the motor here too.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

in my best [Homer Simpson] voice.

DOH!!! I forgot about those two little holes!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm DONUTS!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

hey, Ds650RaCeR
u BRING that MACK TRUCK W/ HANDDLE BARS u call quad and race me dude....
Put up or Shut up man....the ball is in ur court now!

and demonds is my freind and if i wanna give him shiZ, i will... so T.L.D.F.!!!! ( T-TUFF L-LUCK D-DUMB F-****)

LOL !!!

Quick Reply: OHHHH man, this doesn't look good!!