CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What dunes do you recommend for 1st timer going WEST??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Marky, that was very informative. St. Anthony's is definitely where we want to go. Now its hard to decide whether or not we'll hit Utah for 2 days, then Idaho, or just go straight to Idaho for the whole week. I can't imagine dunes that big man, now I wish I would've waited a while before starting the planning - all the anticipation is gonna kill me!

Hey, I've heard all about Sand Mt. at Little Sahara Utah, but what about the other Sand Mountain - isn't there one in Nevada or something too? How come I haven't heard anything about that state yet?

And hey, don't get me wrong guys, I plan to hit everything there is to hit eventually, from coast to coast, sea to shining sea, not just Utah and Idaho, and as I do I'll be lookin' you all up! Thanks for all the ideas - the naked chicks at Glamis are turning me on all right, but so is Choke Cherry, and I'm guaranteed a piece of THAT pie! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2002, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower. This is just my opinion but if you pass on a 2 day stay at LS Utah, you'll miss some great fun. I neglected to visit the large bowls behind the mountain and regret every bit of it. I will make it back there again one day and thats the first place I'm going. I'm told the bowls are huge.

Marky Nark. Thats a great website. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2002, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well now there's nothing I like more than bowls - I could play in those for hours. We can do them both, but it'll be tight on time. Maybe we can make it more than a 7 day adventure - I'll have to talk to the guys. Worst case scenario - Day and a half drive out, ride a day and a half, drive up north 6-8 hours, ride two more days, drive back a day and a half wore out and tired as hell, but it sounds like it would sure be worth it! I'm all for it, if I can convince everybody else also.

Old 08-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

count me and bill in hitower, we're easy, you make the plans and we will follow,

and we'll see you in sept. too.

later

kevin

Old 08-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Alright Hitower, I'm glad you are over here researching all our avenues!! Good work my man! Rounding up some good info in here! You know I will be there!

Kevin, I'm glad you and Bill are coming with us on our quest "out west". It will be a trip to look forward to, that is for sure. We will see you guys (bill is coming isn't he?) at Silver Lake in Sept!!

Later,
"TOID"

Old 08-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

yep, bill will be in attendance,

for his first year of duning he's been damn good at being ready to go for every trip

Old 08-21-2002, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hightower, how many people in your group so far, did you pick out a date yet? It sounds fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wanyne - its gonna be next year, not sure what month yet. Me and 3 guys I regularly ride and work with, along with imadunatic and his buddy bill, which I haven't actually met yet, maybe Rocky 'cause he's definitely invited, and you!! That is, if you have a bike by then! Any news on the 760? If nothing else, you can bring the 400EX, there will be another one in the group too, but it'll be punched out to 416 by then, with some other goodies - he's worried about getting over Choke Cherry and Devils Dune!
One things for sure - it'll be a full 7day trip loaded with plenty of fun.

Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

I WILL BE THERE! It will probably be one of the most exciting times of my life. I love the sand, and would almost give my left Knut to live closer to it!

I've only ridden at Silver Lake, Michigan (sevaral times) AND Lil Sahara St Park, Oklahoma (once). And they have all been a blast!! I guess it helps to roost with the "right" people too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hitower, I am undecided on the time of year tho. I think spring is too early (personal reasons), BUT I'm sure I won't be able to stand waiting till fall! It would drive me crazy to wait. My brother used to always say, "WAIT? t'hell with waiting, weight broke the wagon down!!"

C ya.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

well, i dont know about the rest of you guys, but i go every night, and probably will until we unload em in utah or idaho,

i would prefer april/may, somewhere in there, right when its not too hot, but the sand has had time to soften up,

thats just me tho,

Quick Reply: What dunes do you recommend for 1st timer going WEST??