CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Honest opinion of DS650 RALLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with everyone else here, the Baja is a great machine for any kind of riding you want to do with it. I love it, I don't think I would be able to ride anything else after having it.

As for the price, there is one at a local dealer here for $6699. I got mine about a month after they came out (December 2001) and was out the door with it for $6516. Not too bad, one dealer was quoting me $7800 at the time. They wouldn't deal with me,(I'm guessing) because I am a kid(19yrs old) I dont think that they thought I was serious. To bad for them, they lost out, I found a better dealer anyway, one that is strictly Bombardier.

Good luck in your quest to get a Baja, it will be well worth it in the end!!!

Oh yeah, I do put mine in the truck, I have no other option and it works just fine, sometimes I even throw my friends dirt bike in their with it, plenty of room.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I've ridden just about every sport quad out there. They all have their pros and cons, but for me, my Baja is by far the best quad I've ever ridden![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I ride in the sand exclusively and I'm here to tell ya...there's the Bomb, and then there's everything else. I'd seriously consider dumping the 400EX and step up to best. If you find the right person and sell it yourself, you ought to be able to get a decent price for it, especially if it's in good shape. I say...GO FOR IT!!! You won't be disappointed![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

My buddy can put his baja in his s-10 pickup and shut the gate.

Old 08-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys for all of the info, I went to the dealer last night and liked what I saw, just not the price tag. I have to either build up some equity in the 400 or private sale it because i'd take a 2000 hosing on the trade. Hopefully this winter I can get the ball rolling. The guy at the dealer said its one of the fastest/Scariest rides he's ever been on. A total Rush!

Old 08-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

<< The guy at the dealer said its one of the fastest/Scariest rides he's ever been on. A total Rush! >>

It is until you get used to the power and speed. Then you want more, then more..........it's addicting I tell ya!!

Old 08-28-2002, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

I know exactly what you mean. When my shelby was running, I dreaded having to ride my Toyota to work knowing there was a whole lotta horse power sitting there in the driveway. With the Shelby i'm always haunted with the fact that I can strap on a Paxton for a simple $2000 and boost it up an additional 48% HP, but then I'd want more and more and more.... Just sitting on that damn DS makes your ***** swell with Testosterone! I feel that I should give the 400 to my 8 year old cousin as a toy after sitting on the DS.

Old 08-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Just do what needs to be done to get that DS650 Baja in your garage.

Old 08-28-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Just get the DS, you won't regret it! I had a 1985 350X that was ported, polished, piston, cams and carb. It ran with the best of them. I saw the DS and thought &quot;ah man, it's way to big&quot;. I rode the DS and the 350X was gone in a week. It will take a little adapting, but you will learn to love it. Especially if your a little taller than most and over 200lbs.

Go for it!

Old 08-29-2002, 09:27 AM
Trailblazer

The DS is my Unicorn and is in the works. I took my 400 to get an ACTUAL estimate on trade. $4k flat no ifs ands or butts with a MSRP out the door of $7199 for the Baja. Unfortunatly I've only had the 400 for 3 months and its worth less than what I owe $1235 I'd have to come up with that difference at signing because he can't bury that much negative on the new machine. He gave me some cool options though. Ride the 400 for the rest of the season and keep paying it to bring the pay off down to trade in value. Then come in mid winter (Non sport Quad season) because they will just be sitting on it. Private sale it for payoff. Strip the 400 and with the money from the parts then do the trade with the cash difference. Soon Grasshopper, Good things come to those who wait. If anyone in NE knows of any dealers that have any 01 or used 02 and can give me a good deal, please let me know.

Old 08-29-2002, 10:41 AM
Range Rover

i'm picking up parts at my dealer on Saturday, I'll PM you if they have anything more in your price range on the floor.

Quick Reply: Honest opinion of DS650 RALLY