CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 vs Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< Now why would you guy's start the new guy off on the wrong foot by telling him stories...... Go with the Rap!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Ryan, I have Halloween weekend circled for a little DS vs. Raptor racing!

Oh, if you can't wait that long I will be going out there before that if you'd like to join me and my friends.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

VEGAS650- I will be at Glamis for Halloween, but maybe at Dumont before then!!! BTW how fair is a built up 703 VS a BONE stock 660??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Think of all the extra weight on the DS, and yet it still performs better than a Raptor. Just think if this thing was lighter, what a rocket it would be.

And I do know the difference, I started on a Raptor, then decided to go with the DS. Their is a difference, believe me. I say go for the DS!!

Old 08-29-2002, 09:22 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Ryan. My raptor is not evenly matched with my ds. The raptor feels faster because of the short swing arm and iradic engine noise but thats it. From a dead start on gravel the ds takes it from bottom to top. On pavement its a little closer but its still the baja all the way.

And i wouldnt want the ds to be any lighter. The reason it weights more is because bombarider used stronger parts so the bike holds together unlike the raptor (or at least mine which is allways broken.

Stock for stock Its the DS and oh wait let me check. Yup im wide awake, not in dreamland.

Old 08-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

<< Yeah, I was really impressed with that dirt wheels article about the race up north. Those chicks riding the Raptor actually finished, imagine that. >>

Did a single craptor finish top 10 or just yama's only true sport bike the &quot;shee&quot;?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

all i seen was that bomber's where FINISHING in all enduro races, a word the yamaha raptor cannot use in any sentence.Ironic part is those quads are a dime a dozen anywhere i go, people just love to pump cash into a machine that has such a $hitty reputation, gotta start selling beachfront property in New Mexico to some suckers...

1 thing i'll give the raptor, it has better low to mid range power than my ds, other than that, it's a yugo in my eyes

Old 08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

<<

<< Yeah, I was really impressed with that dirt wheels article about the race up north. Those chicks riding the Raptor actually finished, imagine that. >>

Did a single craptor finish top 10 or just yama's only true sport bike the &quot;shee&quot;?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

all i seen was that bomber's where FINISHING in all enduro races, a word the yamaha raptor cannot use in any sentence.Ironic part is those quads are a dime a dozen anywhere i go, people just love to pump cash into a machine that has such a $hitty reputation, gotta start selling beachfront property in New Mexico to some suckers...

1 thing i'll give the raptor, it has better low to mid range power than my ds, other than that, it's a yugo in my eyes
>>

JEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!That wasn't very nice! Bring it! LOL

Old 08-29-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey Velocity when are they going to have some more drags in Omaha? >>

We don't have any drag racing in Omaha. But Oct, 5th &amp; 6th we have a big sand drag comp. in Genoa, NE (Headworks park). And on October 12th were having a big dirt drag competition in Council Buffs, Iowa ( Tim Oneill Motorsports Complex). If your interested in attending any of these events, PM me and I'll give you more indepth details.

Jay

Old 08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fatboyslim013,

If the first part of your name is any indication go for the DS. It will carry you around better. If the second part of your name fits you better get the Raptor.

As for the rest of the comments. LMAO

Old 08-29-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Funny how a Raptor finished in front of all the DS's in the Vegas to Reno run...... Wait a minute it finished in front of all the Quads!!!!!

Old 08-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Its funny how the DS650 that won the race at La Touque (up north) was bought two days before the race at a local dealer and ran stock. It only finished 8laps infront of raptors, banshees, 400ex's.

The only reason the raptor is lighter is because of the skimpy parts that fail anyway.

Yes the ds is heavier, but it can still walk a stock raptor so i dont see the problem.

Quick Reply: DS650 vs Raptor