CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 vs Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:42 PM
Mar
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And one other thing. RaptorRyan, wshrdskin, and any other yamaha raptor owner her. The question is what whould go faster. Well if you take a gps and do a top speed run the ds would go faster. Also in a drag chances are that the ds will lead the whole way.

So now all raptor owners got to get personal and make fun of peoples name and the 70lb weight diffrence between the to quads.

The proof is in the results of the countless races already won by the ds. So please go back to the RECALL section of this site (YAMAHA) and make your bombardier DS650 bashing comments there. The only reason we dont have so many quick comebacks to you raptor owners is becasue were out driving not waiting till the dealer can book us for a tranny replacement.

Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mar, your embarrassing yourself.

<< So now all raptor owners got to get personal and make fun of peoples name and the 70lb weight diffrence between the to quads. >>

Splain yourself lucy.

If you call that making fun of someones name, your embarrassing yourself more than I thought.

And a DS owner commented on the 70lb weight difference and he wasn't making fun of it he was stateing <u>some</u> fact.

I've stated in this forum (Bomb) that top speed the baja will go faster IMO. Not by much, mind you. Could reach out and grab your grab bar if I wanted to.

I've also stated that in a 300' drag they will be pretty close, persons weight, quads gearing, tires, rider experience will determin who gets there first.

Oh by the way. It's a free world. I'll come here and post opinions, ask questions, joke with a few Bomb forum members, a few of which I've met and rode with. Never mind the fact that my brother owns a DS so I might have just a slight interest in them.

Re adjust your nut sack and take a good look at yourself. Your face looks like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2002, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

the DS is faster, i believe that was the question.....enough said!

Old 08-30-2002, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

<< the bike holds together unlike the raptor (or at least mine which is allways broken. >>

Well Mar do you think that may be because acording to your post in the Yamaha forum you only check your valves every 6000km or 3 years?
If you don't adjust your valves what other matinence do you ignore?

I'm sure with matinence habits like that it won't be long before your posting what a POS your DS is!!!!!!

<< Also in a drag chances are that the ds will lead the whole way. >>

That's just BS cause I've beaten DS's before!!!!
Wake up from your fantasy!!

Old 08-30-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't it time to stop this crap,i mean geez guys stop wynning and start RIDING!!!

Old 08-30-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

<< And one other thing. RaptorRyan, wshrdskin, and any other yamaha raptor owner her. The question is what whould go faster. Well if you take a gps and do a top speed run the ds would go faster. Also in a drag chances are that the ds will lead the whole way.

So now all raptor owners got to get personal and make fun of peoples name and the 70lb weight diffrence between the to quads.

The proof is in the results of the countless races already won by the ds. So please go back to the RECALL section of this site (YAMAHA) and make your bombardier DS650 bashing comments there. The only reason we dont have so many quick comebacks to you raptor owners is becasue were out driving not waiting till the dealer can book us for a tranny replacement.
>>

Your an idiot!

Old 08-30-2002, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

easy now partner. name calling is for the young and the restless.

Old 08-30-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Velocityraptor i would'nt call i'm an idiot if i where you,don't you want to by a kasea?????

Old 08-30-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

OH NO,there we go again........

Old 08-30-2002, 02:20 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

HAHAHA.

So now once again im sleeping and need to wake up from my dream.

And now i have to check valves every more often the 6000km. Well Moose please tell me why the valves are so importent and what would happen if they wernt adjusted right on.

After building a countless amount of engines, machining high perfomance valves and head, modifing and machining heads, not to mention engine builder for a cascar pit crew i dont need to hear crap like that. Chances are that i take better care of my machine then you do but i dont baby them. Chances are that the valves or parts of your chevy, ford, dodge or mercadies was made by me.

And the 70lb comment was mentioned by a ds owner but im refuring to the hundreds of times it was mentioned by raptor owners making fun of the DS.

And thanks wshrdskin, thanks for pointing out the fact that this is a free country and how you only came to post your opinion. However the post following your first post didnt read wake up from your fantasy, or thats BS. Because yamaha owners are always right... Right.

Everyone here seems like they like a good laugh. Well when i first signed on to this site about a year and a half ago the bombardier forum was nothing but a bunch of yamaha guys laughing at the ugly design of the traxter, the heavy weight of the DS650 School bus. However i dont think half of them realized that bombardier would take over the performance, reliablity, and reputation side of the industry and now that it has all you can do is try to make fun of the few if any flaws that our bombardier bikes have such as the 70lb of weight or how its a school bus.

So am I embarrassing myself again. Im sure youll let me know it. IMO the only embarrassing thing is the fact how when the question what is faster DS650 or Raptor question is asked how countless yamaha raptor owners come here and hand out false information and make fun of anyone that calls there bs.

Now for those of you that took the time and modified your machine to the point were it can beat my stock ds, well congratts but i dont want to race you, ill most likely lose so dont bring it up as a insult to me that your modded raptor can beat up on me.

And please nobody say, lets stop fighting and go riding. I live in the city and i cant just go out riding any time i want. I have to work to afford a bike like the DS becasue quality and performance cost money these days.

You guys should just drive atvs to enjoy the ride and not to race. Go get a snowmobile if your climate allows, thats were the real performance is.

Quick Reply: DS650 vs Raptor