CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who the best Engine Builder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< I have to agree with AZsand. I met Don(Knutz) at DSdays and he was a really streight up guy. Helped me out with the quad and others as well. Dont forget he had 5 of his customers there and I think it was good for him to show up and talk with them. After meeting him and spending time with him, when he is ready to take on more, I would have no problem with doing business with him. Everyone goes through tough times as I have been myself for awhile now. If it wasnt for being able to get away here and there, and ride, I dont know if I would still be here. From what i have seen if you want a fast naturally asperated DS he is definatly good at doing that. >>

Yea, that's GREAT he spoke to those guys, but what about the guys that have missing motors? He doesn't even communicate with them near as much as he rightfully should!! Sorry, but I just have a hard time swallowing this whole Don's a great guy thing.

If he would just take 10 minutes every week out of his &quot;RIDING&quot; schedule (much less his personal schedule) to communicate with a few of the missiing motor folks, I think he would find they would be alot more understanding with him.

Myself, I ask what kind of individual can sleep at night, knowing these guys are out there and have not even half a clue about what is going on with their motors. Me personally, I have a conscious. I guess some don't!!

Things will be real interesting at FSW depending on who all shows up!! Literally......

Old 09-09-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

<< I have to agree with AZsand. I met Don(Knutz) at DSdays and he was a really streight up guy. Helped me out with the quad and others as well. Dont forget he had 5 of his customers there and I think it was good for him to show up and talk with them. After meeting him and spending time with him, when he is ready to take on more, I would have no problem with doing business with him. Everyone goes through tough times as I have been myself for awhile now. If it wasnt for being able to get away here and there, and ride, I dont know if I would still be here. From what i have seen if you want a fast naturally asperated DS he is definatly good at doing that. >>

That's easy to say when it's not your motor MIA. JMO

Old 09-09-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

i can onle say i love my RON WOODS MOTOR. i haven't missed a weekend of riding and it dynoed about what they said it would.

i will probably try to step up a big and better motor later on and i will more than likly use kuntz. good thing happen for those who wait.

Old 09-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

<< good thing happen for those who wait. >>

One year later you get your motor?! I think this year I'll send my motor out to get built up, this year looks like Sh!tty weather anyway.

Old 09-09-2002, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I knew this was gonna get good![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Once again I'll repeat - the complete lack of communication, disregard of customer worries, and plain refusal to associate with customers seems to be the opposite of a good guy.
The point keeps getting missed - its not just the time its taking - its the lack of giving a crap about the time, proven time and again my false promises and no phone calls. No amount of schooling or experience should be necesary for teaching courtesy.

Old 09-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

i will never pull the motor off my bike and give it to him. i will just have him to order new parts and then i will not have any down time. i hope he gets better when the shop opens back up.

if not i will be stroking oe destroking my stock crank.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WELL GUY'S YOUR MISSING THE POINT.Don is a nice guy and if you want to go fast get in line. because ive made big jumps with my near stock motor and so has dsmike sand45 but we still can not come close to a pissed off pami so! and ill tell you ya'll a fact if the right guy with a pami shows up at fsw your all out!!!!!!!!!!! And alls i ever said was don is a good guy who got in a little trouble and has been working it out.however slow it is its happening.and in today's world of BK'S i think it pretty good that he's not throwing his hands up and saying to hell with this and filing bk. so i would rather offer a little support.and the bottom line is the question was who builds a good motor DON [knutz] later.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I 100% agree with everyone on here. Lack of comunication is uncalled for. I trully feel for everyone here that missed out on a whole riding season because of this.

My piont was that after he gets this mess streightend out and over with and gets himself ready to start taking orders again, I dont think he would make the same mistake twice.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I could not have said it better AZ!!

Old 09-10-2002, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hay AZsand
so whats the verdict Did you melt the piston or what? sure didn't sound good last I heard it.
Freakin nitromethane! gotta like that.

Quick Reply: Who the best Engine Builder?