CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Will 4 quads fit in a 21FK "Superlite" Weekend Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 22 FT Weekend Warrior is in the mid 20's. A 22' Carson FunRunner with the 10,000 GVW axle package is only $12,000 including a pull down bed, jacks, spare, stereo, It comes with everything, awning, 6 cu.ft fridge, etc. and weighs 4400 lbs......

Old 09-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As with anything, you get what you pay for. The 2200FT can be had (loaded) for Less than $24,500 O.T.D. The 2600FS runs about $1000 more.

Think about it this way, you will spend about 4 hours towing the thing and spend about 72 hours in the thing. Get the larger size and you won't regret it.

Ask anyone that has one and the common thing you will usually hear is, "I wish it was bigger". NOT, "I wish it was lighter so my Diesel / V10 / 8.1L (GM) could tow it easier."

I was exactly where you are about 6-mos. ago. My Dodge Durango had a tough time towing the 2200FT (as we thought it would) so, we upgraded to the Diesel Excursion and just like your V-10, it can tow without a problem.

Old 09-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Fourlix, look at that funrunner very carefully and you will see why the others cost more. I and my freind looked at them and he was about set to buy one because of the price. He looked at the roof and noticed that it was many pieces kind of glued together. Not the best roof system. I could see the floor flex when my friend walked accross it. It felt very cheap and did not appear to be of good quality.

I can understand the price issue. I was very leary of spending $20,000 on a camper, but I am glad I did. Very high quality and outstanding fit and finish is worth the extra.

That is my 2 cents
Bat

Old 09-10-2002, 01:22 AM
Range Rover

my 2 cents: but listen to them we bought a 01 fb2200 weekend warrior that i thought i could tow with a lifted 1/2 ton suberban...we went diesel

Old 09-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

$17,871 from Giant RV will get me a FK-21 Weekend Warrior Super lite with generator, pump station, spare, CD, rear jacks, battery and all the rest of the stuff. It has a longer cargo space than the FB or FT 22, 17'2" from tailgate to the stove cabinet. That means 4 quads with only one sideways. It is not as wide as the FB and FT, but my backyard measurements say it will all fit, with the Raptor and Raptorette side by side in the back, a DS sideways, and a Sportsman up front.
.....The genset and AC will be very welcome here in "we only think it's hot here, till we visit Arizona". And my wife will like it. It doesn't have the front bedroom or tip out, but that is an extra ton and an extra $7,000. The kids have been having fun sleeping in tents anyway, and the FK sleeps 4 very comfortably. If the weather gets funky they can throw their sleeping bags down on the floor.
.....I like the light weight and the ease of towing, so I can grab it even when I don't need it. I want it to be easy enough to take out that I would consider taking it for a day ride instead of the utility trailer.
Ian says hi.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a decent deal. I have not seen the lite models, so cannot comment on them. But I can say that the wife especially will like being able to sleep in the camper instead of tent.

Hope it all works out for you.
Bat

Old 09-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hate to break this to you but your DS will not fit in the 96" wide trailers. We have a 102" wide trailer and they fit sideways with about 2-3 inches to spare 96-102 is a 6 inch difference. Sorry to burst your bubble. The 96"-102" makes a big difference in overall storage space too. Pay 3-5k more and get the fb or ft 2200, you wont regret it. I guarantee u will regret buying that trailer, u will be maxed out on it, why put that much more hassle into your trip. Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, just telling you the truth. Dont go with the lightweight trailer with that many quads. Sean

Old 09-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

The FB-22,FT-22 even the FS-26 (sleeper) are only 15'2" long from the tailgate to the sink cabinet. That means the only way 4 quads will fit is with all four sideways. And that's 10" short of 16' if you have have 4 quads 4'wide. No thanks.
... The FK-21 is 17'2" from tailgate to stove cabinet on the right side. The width between Gaucho beds on the FK is only 77". My DS with my Armadillo rack won't fit sideways between the gauchos, nor will the Sportsman, but a Raptor or Polaris 325 Magnum will, which belongs to one of the kids we ride with.
Either the Sportsman or DS can go in the back of the truck and either can go head first up front. Or I could take off the Out 'n back rack and it would fit sideways. Raptors fit anywhere.
.....Point is, the FK will take 4 quads, with only one sideways. And one is a mini, 42" wide, the only way to get two in the back side by side if one has a wide axle, two stock Raptors or 400 EX's would fit, but the gas fill on the left side would prevent that, but not with the shorter mini.
.....The Giant RV page has Detailed Cargo Specs if you scroll down on that page you will find a link to detailed cargo specs for the Superlite FK. Add 2 feet for the lengths on the FK-21 over the FK-19 which is listed in detail.
..The FK-21, and the drive in, back out loading, looks way better to me than the heavier, gotta turn 'em sideways, can't even get three in straight, FB-22, FT-22, even the FS-26.
....At 17'2" I may be able to get 4 quads in straight. At this point it is way to early to be talking about getting loaded eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

ok, payload is 3550lbs. -500lbs for water. -2000lbs atleast for your quads. -300lbs for generator + gas. that leaves you 500-700lbs left for gear before your overloaded. Its a nice lookin trailer but in a fb22 you can get a raptor and a DS right next to eachother not in between your wheel wells. if u figure it out, u have more sq. ft. storage space in the fb22 because of the wide body. Its 6 inches wider!! 16ftx.5=8 sq ft more. They have about the same storage area. by putting a quad in the back of the truck it makes it even more of a pain that turning quads sideways. remember you will be hitched up, then unhitch, put down ramps take quad out. take you 20 minutes to get the quad out of the back of the truck whereas it takes about 10 seconds to turn a quad sideways. Dont see what r u griping about turning quads sideways. also with that lite trailer only being 77" wide u will have to turn the quads sideways BEFORE the wheel wells, then slide the whole quad between the wheel wells while its sideways. I had to do this in our trailer when we went out to DS days. Holy cow does it suck, this was a DS i was doing it too and remember ours is a widebody and thats y the DS fits between the wheel wells. Remember i am not trying to deter you from that trailer because i dont like it, i just think for all the stuff u r carrying, you should not get a "lite" trailer especially when u have a v10 that will tow a fb22 no problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sean

Old 09-11-2002, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I wish they would just go ahead and make the FK as wide as the rest of the fleet, but oh well. The length of the cargo bay in a light package is a big attraction for me. I also like the kitchen layout a lot better in the FK.
Having the sink on the other side from the stove is a Kitchen design disaster, like all the rest of the Weekend Warriors. The sink should always be next to stove, with counter in between, like the FK, or some of the Rage'n and Xtreme. But then they are heavy and/or expensive.
.....Most times we go out we are only taking two quads, but there are times, like last week, when we had five. I made two trips with my utility
trailer. With the Weekend Warrior, maybe I can get somebody else to haul the utility trailer with any extra quads.
.....Every one of these Toy Haulers has something about it that isn't quite right. Too heavy, too expensive, not big enough, bad layout, Quads don't quite fit, etc.
.....Every one of these Toy Haulers beats the crap out of my Palomino Pop-up and a utility trailer.

Quick Reply: Will 4 quads fit in a 21FK "Superlite" Weekend Warrior?