CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Will 4 quads fit in a 21FK "Superlite" Weekend Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hereis some info on my toybox. I purchased a Rage'n 21g a couple weeks ago. It's got the front tip out so it gives a little more room. It's light weight and I can pull it with an expedition. Just some more info for you.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry it didn't work. Just do a search on Rage'n

Old 09-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that there is not one perfect camper. The weekend warriors have wheel wells, which limits some interior space. That is one thing I did not like. My desert fox does not have these. If I were in your shoes and I was not too long ago, I would sit down and make a list of what is important to you.

I usually do this with any big purchase, I just ordered a new computer a couple days ago and had to do this. I set out my priorities and then add in things I would like until the price becomes an issue. I did this with my camper and am glad I did.

I would just hate to overload a camper though. But as you go bigger, they do get more expensive and heavier. Well, I am sure I am just adding to the confusion. In the end you have to be happy with what you purchase and that is the bottom line.

Later
Bat

Old 09-11-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

I'm trying to figure out if the Desert Fox 21 has wheel wells inside or not. It looks a little different than the 28. No wheel wells is a big plus. It has the kitchen layout I like, but it is not a widebody like the 28' is. I also wonder what the distance from tailgate to fridge cabinet is.
.....Geez, I wish I could design my own.....It would have a long cargo area for even weight distribution, be a wide body with no wheel wells, have a tip-out, a pull down bed, Be 18' from tailgate to cabinet on one side, so three quads could come in end to end, and only 12' from tailgate to cabinet on the left side, for a possible fifth small quad, if two small quads could go side by side between gauchos. I think it could be as small as 23 ft, and weigh under 5,000 lbs empty, with 10,000 lb axles, 100 gallons water, and all the rest of the stuff.....That leaves 5 feet on one side for a bathroom and 11 feet on the other side for kitchen and storage.
.......Geez, do I have to do everything myself???

Old 09-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

A custom V-nose widebody snowmobile trailer, no wheelwells, could be a better way to go.....A murphy bed in the V and a pull down bed in the back, with gauchos, a 5'bath and a 10' kitchen......Haulmark? These cargo trailer guys are doing more interiors all the time......

Old 09-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

yes, a 4 place v nose sled trailer would work. You can look at "featherlites" they are all aluminum. Only weight about 3000lbs empty, only problem is you wont have all the comforts of a toybox.

Old 09-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know about the 21' dimensions. I know the 28' is a wide body.

I looked extensively at the cargo trailers with living quarter setups. I could not find one that was reasonable. I at first thought maybe I would just buy a cargo trailer and then sleep in it and try to add some comfort. After playing with all the ideas, I decided the toy box was both more comfortable and more economical then to try and build my own.

My friend bought a wildwood (I think that is the name). His was less expensive then mine, but did not come with some things mine has. We put a 250x, 400ex, banshee and a ds650 baja in there and there was a little room to spare. We had to turn two of them sideways in between the fold down bunks/seats.

I think his is a 25', and it tows nicely. My truck pulls it loaded without a problem. I did it a couple of weeks ago. He has a half ton chevy and it does ok, but is a bit weak to tow it.

His is a front bathroom setup. Personally I dont think it is built as good as mine, but it was less expensive also. But something along those lines might be an option for you also.

Good luck
Bat

Old 09-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

The Desert Fox 21 is not a wide body, has wheelwells, and weighs 5300 lbs.

Old 09-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like it is not an option for you. The ww sounds like the best deal, but you would be pushing the limits of it. I know how you feel, when I was looking I said the same thing. How come I cant get all the features I want on one trailer. I could not find everything. For instance the desert fox does not have the filling station, or under bedroom storage that the ww has.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Bat

Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

go check out the extremes, they have no wheel wells. Thats what we r gonna get except a 30' box one. 7700lbs empty, so quit yer whining, hehe, just kidding. Sean

Quick Reply: Will 4 quads fit in a 21FK "Superlite" Weekend Warrior?