CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lil Sahara--Who wrecked??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Saturday at the Drag Races my group was sitting up on the gill behind the strip, I turned around just in time to see a DS get tangled up, but I never found out how it happened. Was it any one in here?
How was that Turbo runnin Scooby, looked nice, never saw you run though...

Old 09-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

That was Dsmike doing the honors on scooby's rig. He broke 1 leg and had the other sewed up. Do not know how bad scooby's is torn up. How bad Scooby??

Old 09-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

DSmike was taking Scooby's turbo for a test ride and it turned into a monster and ate him up.

Old 09-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

I'm really sorry to hear about DSMike getting hurt. I hope he will be all right.

Heal up quick and complete Mike.

Believe it or not, I'm sorry to hear about Scoobies bike getting torn up also. Hope it's not too bad. I often loan out my bike for test rides and worry about it getting crashed like that. Fortunatly for me, I don't have that sort of power to worry about.

Old 09-16-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

What exactly happened to DsMike??
Tate

Old 09-16-2002, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Holy chit!

Hope your alright Mike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] get well soon!

Scooby ..can ya tell us what happened?
Jeff

Old 09-16-2002, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] hope you heal fast DSmike. Also hope your bike is ok scooby. Sean

Old 09-16-2002, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

WHOAAAAAA!!!. DSMike I hope your doing ok!! Get well man. These Ds's dont feel good on you, I feel for ya man.

Scooby please give us a report on what happend to cause the wreck as well as what happed to DSmike and the quad.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Scooby passed out watching his quad wreck. Thank goodness 3 blondes with 36d's knew CPR were close by. His quad will ride again. Early damage estimate, DSmike 6500 dollars (doctors), Scooby 4000 dollars. Everyone will heal and be allright. It was a unforunate accident and many will learn from it. After the wreck the throtle was stuck wide open for 30 seconds before DS crawled over and turn it off. Note to my self- get a kill switch.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I saw the wreck, and from what I could gather was it was possably a stuck throttle. Scooby runs with a thumb-throttle extender, I don't know if this was the problem, nor do I think we will ever really know. I don't think Scooby ,or Dsmike can tell you for sure what happened. (it happened, SO fast)

All I can tell ya is that DSmike never got out of first gear,but DID NOT dump the clutch! He started out good with alittle bobble, quickly controlled by DSmike, then DSmike applied some serious throttle, and the next thing you know is Scooby's "BEAST" totally body-slams DSmike(straight back)!!!!!!!

This was a 10-15mph wreck ,but the Backward force of Scooby's handle bars caught DSmike by the shins,and broke his right leg/anckle,and serverly cut and bruised the other leg. Dsmike was not tangled up with the quad at all, it was one quick blow!

Everyone who knows DSmike, Knows that he is a GREAT! rider, this is why Scooby asked him to ride his quad in the first place(and I mean ONLY him) Scooby trusts his ability to handle powerful quads. It was VERY unfortunate that this ACCEDENT happened, because IMO, I think the combination of DSmike and Scooby's BEAST! great things are to come.

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: Lil Sahara--Who wrecked??