CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried this quad? My wife who has never riden has decided to start riding w/ us. She is 5'3" so I want a smaller quad also I want an auto. I looked at the honda recon ES but it is $700 more and she still has to shift. How does this bike work?
If it is a good quad I may be able to talk her over the ugly!

Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

wow these things must be flying off the dealer floors judging from all the replies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

i'm pretty sure a memeber by the name of trevin has one, search for rally, u should be able to find some things\

Old 10-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

I test drove one a couple months ago. It seems large enough for anyone, the engine has some snap to it but not enough to pop a wheelie or get the back end loose but good for 176cc engine. the rear brake isn't the greatest. It seems to take quite abit of gas to engage the clutch. it also seems to get up to top speed in notime. Best of all the auto trany doesn't impose on the placement of your feet like polaris's. A very nice atv for a beginer but for anyone with some expreience with a more powerful quad might want to trade up soon. I hope they make a sport quad loosely based on this.

Old 10-01-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one the other day, man they are butt-ugly IMO, Good luck trying to get the wife to ride an ugly quad. But I think it would be good for her, if she will ride it,Maybe find a year old 250 ex for 3000, it won't be new, but it will look sportier, although like the recon you would have to shift. Let us know what you get. I'm glad to see someone else getting into riding![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have to disagree with BW on this one(sorry Wayne[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) I saw one a few months ago, and even sat on it. I was actually very impressed by the quad. It had alot of room and felt very easy to ride. As anyone who knows me will tell you, I like to be different and I liked the looks of the Rally much better in person than in the pictures. If she wants to ride the same ol stuff as everyone else then ya go get the Honda but if she wants something that will last forever and you wont have to worry then get the Bomb. Also it looked like it would keep the ride very secure and CLEAN, a big pluss with the ladies. JMO

Old 10-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

I went to the dealer they said they had on in the other store 60 miles away, I am worried about parts. I looked at the 250ex the owner of the Honda shop is a friend and will let me have an 03 for 3500 even. My dad has a car dealership so I do not pay the taxes. I lie about it being for re-sale.
I really like the rack set up that I have been able to se in photos but like I said have never seen one in person.

Thanks for the input, intelegent comments are always great.

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Range Rover

I took a Rally with us to the desert a couple of months ago. Once I got over everyone asking me where my "fishing pole" and "gun rack" was...it was fine. It does take a lot of throttle to get it goin'. I rode it on some trails and thru a rollercoaster canyon....it's not a DS, but a lot of fun, and I thought very stable. I had no problem power sliding it around. My wife liked riding it...just couldn't get over the looks. For a 175...it hauls azz.

Old 10-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the one I saw was just a bad color[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It is different, no one will mistake your quad for someone elses.. IT is bigger in size than I thought it would be, much bigger than my 250ex, it may ride better too. the 250 ex has a stiff ride, with no adjustable shocks, I don't know if you can adjust the suspension on a rally or not.

Old 10-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

daimon...I have a rally ive had it for about 3-4 months now...not one single problem with it... i got a radiator protector on it to! Its a excellent bike for your wife. With the auto trany no worry! I get good air on some jumps and the landing is smooth! it does great donuts and power slides! i cant wait till winter! But the stock tires arent all that great im getting some racers soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hope it helps!

Quick Reply: Rally