CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Some new quads are out and other info inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some new quads are out and other info inside

Well in my surfing of the net I found a couple of pretty cool stuff that I have cut and pasted from another site to share with you all. Your welcome hehehehehehe.

For 2003, GAS GAS is presenting the new ‘Wild HP’ quad, with two engines: the 300 2 strokes and the 4-stroke 450. Over an electric blue structure denoting power and technology, this new product adopts a chrome-molibdenum steel truss-double cradle frame. The front suspension features trapezoidal links with two multi-adjustable Öhlins shocks, while the rear suspension is an aluminium-made swing arm with a progressive linkage system, with a single Öhlins shock absorber. The front brakes consist on two ventilated 180-mm discs with twin-piston floating Brembo calipers, also used in the single ventilated 220-mm rear disc brake. The fuel tank capacity is 18 litres and void weight goes from 178 kg for the 300-2 strokes to the 185 kg of the 450-4 strokes.

Both engines present a six-gear change, with a single two- and four-stroke cylinder respectively. The two-cylinder engine has direct reed intake into the crankcase, a Keihin PWK 38-mm carburettor and a hydraulically-operated multiplate clutch, whereas the 4-stroke engine features a 4-valve head and electronic injection with the ignition integrated in the injection system.

As any good four-wheeled vehicle specially conceived for off-road use, the new GAS GAS quad has an aluminium front guard, security side grids, reinforced rear mudguard and emergency off switch. All together gives it a very aggressive and breaking stance, and it has already been tested in competition, with very good performance reflecting in its brilliant results. That is why the manufacturer has decided to think of a new quad: a 50cc automatic model.

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/merlinbooks/03ggpr.html

New Polaris Predator ATV Wins Wisconsin State Quad Championship

Title Adds to Already-Impressive List of Racing Victories
(Minneapolis, MN, Oct. 4, 2002) - Even before rolling into Polaris dealers' showrooms, the radical new Predator ATV appeared on the winner's stand at the Wisconsin State Quad Championship as Daryl Rath of Hutchinson, Minnesota, piloted a Predator to a dominating victory on September 21.

The Predator was the talk of the Wisconsin championships as racers and fans looked forward to seeing it compete head to head against competitors' proven race quads. They witnessed the Predator proving itself as the best all-around quad on the Tigerton (WI) Embarrass River ATV Park in the season's biggest race.

In the championship final, the awesome power of the Predator's new Polaris 500 DOHC engine put Rath in front from the start, and he led all the way to the checkered flag despite the best efforts of determined challengers.

Rath won $1,000 and the state championship trophy, while the Predator tallied another first-place finish in its brief but already remarkable racing career. Rath also won the Pro 4-Stroke class title on the Predator, winning both motos. Rath said the Predator was the talk of the Wisconsin championships.

"People didn't know we were coming, so from the time we rolled into the pits, the trailer was pretty busy. There was quite a buzz about the Predator," he said. "It has so much power that the other racers couldn't believe we were running a stock motor. If I were them, I probably wouldn't believe it, either, but we haven't even had time to do any engine work, so it's stock-and it's fast."

Rath has raced on the Predator at several Midwest events in the two months since the revolutionary sport quad was introduced. In that short time, he and the Predator have earned victories at the Brookston (MN) Motocross, in the Open and Pro classes at the Little Falls (MN) Motocross, in the Cross-Country Quad A class at the legendary Millville (MN) motocross track, and at the Wisconsin State Quad Championships.

The Predator impressed also huge crowds of motorsports enthusiasts at the Haydays snowmobile grass drags in Lino Lakes, MN, in early September. Rath rode the Predator on the wood chip-covered snocross exhibition track at Haydays, an event attended by approximately 45,000 people over two days.

Rath, 34, has been racing ATVs for 18 years, is a two-time national champion and has won numerous regional and district titles. He will compete on the Predator at several more events in the Midwest through the fall.

The Predator is a completely new sport quad that is so advanced, it helps you take your riding to the next level-and the level after that. The Predator has a revolutionary new Polaris-exclusive PRO(tm) Steering system with zero bump steer and premium Fox® shocks front and rear. The Predator delivers the ultimate combination of power, handling and suspension, providing what Polaris calls the Predator "Sweet Spot."

Premium standard features on the Predator include equipment such as: Maxxis RAZR PR (Polaris Racing) tires, Douglas® aluminum rims with rolled edges for superior strength, an extremely strong chromoly rear axle, thick and durable polyethylene skid protection, and braided stainless steel brake lines. Purchased on the aftermarket, this equipment would be valued at approximately $2,000.
http://www.go-polaris.com/

Well if you have read this far, I just thought this was interesting and share LOL.

Old 10-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

looks like i need to go back an dprint out that nos install you put up demon. oh wait aren't the cannondales faster than anything. and i still haven't seen that in the sand. it does sound like some exciting machines to race. how are you liking the nos set up. i've been watching to see how that goes for you, and more so how the engine holds up. well keep beating that raptor, it makes for good reading, besides that the look in ther eyes when they lose is priceless. thanks for the info.

Old 10-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, i'm done reading now, i think i'm gonna lie down now.... rest my eyesfor awile...

Old 10-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Yah it was long huh LOL.

I am going tomorrow to see what it does in the sand, I am taing my cmaeras and hopefully Dsa or his girlfreind will take some shots. I plan on racing DSa and do one that is non-nos and he will beat me, then i will race him under NOs and see what the diff is. I want a pic of the results of both races. That should be a good show of it. Are you thinking bout doing NOS?

Old 10-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i've been looking at a lot of things, gary may be the one i go to at this point. i was real interested in pami but, who knows how long of a wait that might be. i have a raptor buddy that put cam and piston and pipe, and he can edge me by about a half a bike, but if we switch bikes he still win, but then again he weighs a hundred and nothing pounds. i have the cams an piston in the box for mine just haven't had the time to get them in. but we both run in to a couple of raptors that are stock that beat us, oh and there all stock, except for the pipe. we just smile and go back and get on line to see what is out there to upgrade. i read you switched to 15 - 43. that is the best ghange that i have made for the sand, but then again i have two ds's to compare with plus my brother is there on some rides so we have three to ride with. here on the oregon coast ther e is only about 1 ds to 20 or 30 raptors so you can get called out a lot. so it is a lot of fun since most guys on ds's are 200lb. plus and stock, and then me and my brother roll up at 150lb and 180lb. some mods, the look on there face is great. the first words out of there mouth is i usually beat those. but the reason for the nos is to beat the 1 or2 raptors, or the middle to lower high mod banshee. i'll leave those monster banshees to jeff and gary or that az. dude that sounds like he is racing the space shuttle, nitro methan, you get the point. your nos friend i would like to meet him he sounds like a fun guy to ride with. so let me know how it works out. thanks